Definition of Dating for guys?

I'm just wondering what exactly are guys definition for "dating"? Because I haven't really dated much. With my past relationships we didn't really have a "dating" stage just went boyfriend/girlfriend right away. But now there's this guy and he said we're dating so I was wondering what exactly are involve in dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me dating is just that, "dating" - it means making plans to see each other 1 or a few times a week, and doesn't necessarily define itself as an exclusive relationship, especially in the early stages. Sometimes it can be good to date different people (even at the same time) to see who is the best fit for you, and it's also smart not to get exclusive until you really start to know the other person involved.

What Guys Said 3

• The way I see "dating" is you find a girl you like and you talk to her and you go on dates with her, you continue to go on dates with her, and hang out with her, but your not together yet, you are just dating, and most guys if they only want to date one girl they stick to her, they say things like I only want to go on dates with you, and you continue to do so until you ask her to be your gf, or she asks if he wants her to be his gf.

Dating is like you want to get to know the girl better, as in more I guess intimately that doesn't necessarily mean have sex with her, but you know make out with her, mess around and sometimes have sex, but the problem with that is if you give a guy what he wants right away chances are he won't stick around for very long. We do want sex but its so much more fun when the girl doesn't just give it up, its keep you interested in her. That is part of the reason why one night stands are only one night stands and rarely anything more.

• Usually, it's not worth defining. If you say it's a date, and he says it's a date, it's a date.

• dating is the stage when ur not officially boyfriend and girlfriend but your are both taken its more so so you don't end up having a boyfriend for a week and breaking up which is a waste so you rather date for a week and realise they are no gud

What Girls Said 1

• most guys just date to get some unless they are not a jerk you need to pay attention to how he treats his mom if he treats his mom bad then dump him because that's how he's going to treat you find out what they are about and get to know them ask them what dating is to them