Star Trek or Star Wars?

I love them both to death, but what's your favorite?

• Star Wars
  • Star Trek

Most Helpful Guy

• I like them both, but if I had to pick only one, it would be Star Wars. I've watched all the movies and even gotten into the books. Star Wars is just more fantasy while keeping the awesome sci fi feel. Light sabers, epic battles between good and evil, and on and on.

I'm not saying that Star Trek isn't good. Or that it doesn't have its place. I've watched TNG and Voyager and some of the newer movies.

But what little kid doesn't watch Star Wars and want his own light saber? They rule over a phaser any day!

Though, luckily, we don't have to choose since we can have them both. That is unless the ultimate fan war happens...

• Yeah, the thing I do like more about Star Trek though is that some of it might actually become reality one day

• That's true. It's got more of a foot grounded in realism at times, which is cool to think of the "what could be" aspect.

What Girls Said 8

• Star Wars, hands down, always always always.

• Don't make me choose :C

• Star Wars defo! Love those Ewoks!

• I love Star Trek! Only the OS though, I can't handle that TNG, DS9, or Voyager garbage.

• really?

• Star trek! star wars is for morons

• Star Wars

• I'm not really into either of them, but Star Wars is okay.

What Guys Said 9

• I think Next Generation ascended to a far higher plane than Star Wars ever could, in about 15-25 episodes. Tapestry is my favorite.

That said Star Wars is so viscerally thrilling, I gotta choose it. The Battle of Endor is stupendously cool.

It's a f***ing trap is right bro!

• in the end I voted Star Trek because I adore the whole Next Gen cast.

• Star Trek, star wars stole so much and it disgusts me he's gotten away with being such a greedy douche. Not to mention he's a terrible writer, director etc.

And for any future person who dares bring up "star wars didn't steal!" I point you to Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress and not marvel at how much was stolen from it. And then look at Dune and how much is similar between that and Star Wars as well (Jedi vs Bene Gesserit, Storm Troopers vs Sardukar, etc). Hell, the sci fi writing community hated George Lucas and refused to let him in their group in Cali because of how much he stole from them.

Has Star Trek been perfect? Nope, they definitely stole sh*t. Hell, Deep Space Nine was a stolen idea of Babylon 5, but ya.. Star Trek universe is a bit more original and far more depth. Specially since they don't let everyone and their grandma who wants to pay George Lucas to add conflicting sh*t to the continuum.

• Star wars. Though it took some hits when Lucas messed with it.

Star trek I love too. But trek does plenty of stupid sh*t. Voyager and the latest series made me gag. Movies seem to alternate between good and bad. None of their flicks compared with the epic-ness of the original Star Wars. Props for Picard though.

• Eh, I think Kirk is the greatest Ship Commander of all time

• I'll have to check that later :p

• absolute dreck, most everything after the fifth season of TNG

I have seen a few very good DS9 episodes though. Voyager, less so. Enterprise... oh god. No no no no no no no

• Star Wars definitly. Although I have to say the original Star Trek was pretty damn good to

• I can't choose! They are both equally epic to me.

• It's an even split. Really can't choose either one...

• star trek, the original series. classic.

• Star Wars

• You actually look like a Star Trek type of guy. It's funny how you can spot them from a mile. I bet you like D&D too, don't ya. .What's your major, Engineering? Political Science

• Actually I do special effects for movies right now, CG and that type of stuff

• Cool, I would love to do that stuff. I've been trying to learn Adobe A.E. Pretty neat stuff.

• Yeah, it takes a lot of time, and motivation, its hard at first but you learn to do it with hard work