Which of these traits do you prefer the most in a partner?

I know you probably want all 5 but which would be #1?

• Confident
  • Protective
  • Funny
  • Romantic
  • Hotttttt body!!!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not really sure, my first pick would be a man who really loves God and my second would be a man who is really kind and patient with me (I can be a handful at times). Funny and romantic aren't huge deals. They're nice but I could do without.

Confidence is important, but it can sometimes lead to arrogance. Protective is very attractive but is also a problem if the guy isn't confident (then he will become more possessive than protective). And a hot body is necessary, because you need to be attracted to the person. However, every person has a different view on what makes a person attractive, so I could think a person most people call ugly is really hot or vise versa.

What Girls Said 17

• none of these are priority for me as traits.

my priority traits are : trustworthyiness ( I can trust him), honesty ( some one who's honest), ethics/ morals (not going to cheat on me or do anything else to upset me ), gets along with my family and works hard at his job and goals.<- I look for these in a guy, could care less if he can crack a joke when the world is ending.

• I'd like to point out that sometimes it's that "joke" or the "romance" that a guy can do to keep you from becoming upset over something that he loves to do. Overall, great list, but I guess my preferences are different? :)

• I like this one too :P

• I think confidence is the #1 thing I look for in a guy. It shows that a guy is comfortable being himself. When he's himself, his funny and romantic sides probably come out.

Guys with confidence have swag and I find that extremely attractive. I don't know how else to explain it other than that guys who believe in themselves are hot. :p

• I would definitely choose romantic. :)

By the way, I think it's hilarious that guys don't want a protective gal. I mean it's pretty common sense that they wouldn't, but it still makes me laugh. Haha! :D

• i just want to love and be loved back is that too much to ask?

• keep trying to thumb you up but it says you already have agreed :)

• awwww thanks

• For me, funny is more important :)

I'm someone that's drawn to fun, so when someone can make me laugh and smile it wins me over ;)

• I don't mind making the first move and I can sure as sh*t hold my own, I'd have to be attracted to him but my version of a hot body isn't a guy who's cut. So it's down to

Funny

Or

Romantic

A guy can be funny without romantic but in my world romance includes laughter

So

Romantic hands down

• Confidence is one of the most attractive qualities on anyway but I think I would like a guy who is romantic more - it's harder to find (I think), but a guy who is romantic shows that he has a sentimental side, and is able to go all out and impress that girl, it is very sexy, so I choose D - Romantic! = )

• Does hot body include hot face? I don't do butterfaces.

• Intelligence.

• it's crazy how many guys think having a hot body is the most important thing to a girl.

if you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do a lot of things.

• Funny!, like: ihatework;D

• Where's intelligence? :) I voted C. Confidence is important, too. I don't care much about the other stuff. Romantic is a nice plus, but I don't need a guy to be really sappy or give me flowers or anything like that. Protectiveness... some guys are TOO protective. As for hot body, doesn't matter, I'm happy with just about any body type.

• Hummmm...

That's an hard choice but I pick protective.

• Funny! (;

• Can I have them all?

• I would have to say confidence . You aren't funny or romantic if your not confident in my oppinion! But that is just my oppinion. There have been some hot guys that liked me and didn't have confidence and I did not go out with them because I look at it as being week and girls are supposed to be the weaker ones ,so I think that if you are confident that you will be protective.

Hope this helps :)

• Funny

What Guys Said 9

• Quite possibly the greatest poll question I've seen on here!

• cheers bud

• Seriously Man! It's freaking brilliant! I was totally expecting to see things like loyalty or honesty on the list that everyone would rank up top, but you managed to put down a list that really split the genders and still included important stuff. Well done!

• cheers man!

• Initially, I'd say looks, obviously. No guy says "check out the kindness on that chick". However, once things are rolling, my vote goes to romance. I love a girl who, after a year or two together, still gets that giddy little smile on her face when she snuggles in my arms.

• Humor all the way, then it's a tough choice between "hot body" and "confidence"..

~ ArtistBBoy

• well you can assume if she has a hot body she will have confidence, haha!

• Exactly.. But sometimes that "confidence" can go to their head, in which it becomes arrogance or "cockiness".. And neither of those are really on my list of preferences ;D

• true true, the hotter the woman the bigger her ego.

• confidence. Most times girls become jealous because they have a lack of this. Okay having a big ego can be bad and that is a side effect of having confidence but Its not like I'm not guilty of having a big head sometimes. I just hate un-confident girls who consistently need reassurance. If I'm around you a lot its because I think your beautiful. in more ways then one.

BTW where is Honesty? I think that is the most important that's not on this list. Honestly=trust=a rock to lean on=a deep connection=a long relationship healthy relationship.

• Couldn't have more than five, these were the ones that first came to mind which tended to apply to both sexes. Honesty is a great one though.

• Protective because I want to feel small and safe in her arms :)

• Loyalty, where?

I'd say of that choice, maybe Romantic or Confident. Can't choose between those.

And lol at the shallow people voting E :P hope they enjoy their shallow short relationships. If that's their thing, cool for them, but still amuses me how shallow they can be.

• lol was thinking of putting intelligence or loyalty instead of E but I knew I would lose a ton of male opinions if I didn't put looks :P

• Funny would be good.

• an attractive witty girl.

• Funny.