Anyone dating someone who works as a logger or in the oil field?

Everyone I've talked to about dating someone who works as a logger or is in the oil field says that they work a lot of hours compared to some jobs.

Does anyone have an experience or advice to share about dating someone that has to work extra long days all the time, maybe more hours than most day jobs?

Anyone have a successful relationship with someone working so much? If yes, how do you manage it?

What Guys Said 1

• I did logging when I was younger. Sometimes we were in the bush for months at a time. Didn't bother with relationships while doing that. Hell, we didn't have internet or cell phones back then. But yes, even when your not flown in the hrs are long.

• So did any of the guys you worked with have any relationships with girls that lasted during that time?

What Girls Said 1

• It's truly best to know what your own personal needs are within a relationship. I have a successful relationship with a logger who works long hours, comes home tired, in bed early, up early, and can often times end up needing to work weekends. I love him and he loves me. During the time that we DO have together, we utilize it to the fullest and enjoy each other. He works hard to provide a good living for us and I can stay home and make sure the house keeping is done in an excellent manner so that when we are together the time can be spent on us. Patience is a necessity for dating a logger. You must be able to understand and appreciate the hard, physical work they are doing, and understand their need for sleep. If you don't have a patient personality, can't stand being alone, and have a lot of insecurities, I do not recommend dating a logger.