Online dating, how'd your first date go?

How does the first date usually go for you when you meet some one in person who you met first on an online dating site? And how long do you usually wait before you ask the other person out?

Most Helpful Guy

• Terrible. The chick turned out to be a guy who thought he could try to convince me to switch hit with him. He was a really short east Asian foreigner living here on a visa. I told him f*** no and to never pull this again or he might wind up unlucky or worse, dead. I asked him if he knew why homophobia ran rampant in our society, if you want an answer: look in the f***ing mirror. This guy had my phone number and he would continue to stalk me for months after.

I've been iffy about online dating ever since

What Girls Said 1

• the date itself wasn't bad but the guy was flaky about future plans

What Guys Said 3

• It's kinda nerve-wracking thinking about it on the long drive over, but once you meet up it's pretty cool.

No point in playing games, if you get a hit you ask for a meetup, it's a DATING site.

• Yea, I agree. I've asked girls out who I met online before but not from an online dating site til recently. She gave me a maybe cause she said we didn't know each other well enough. This is one of those super shy, introverted types and I thought that that could be an issue. But whatever, she knows I'm interested and come on, it's a dating site, what'd you think I was talking to you for? For a new online buddy? Please...

• Yeah, I'd blow her off if I got a maybe. I'm best in person. lol

• Wait you mean to say to me that girls actually reply to guys messages on those online dating sites?

• The first date has always been good for me. I've never been denied a second one. They are filled with just joking around, smiling, and talking about life.

If we've been talking for a few days I don't see any harm in just asking to meet up. I wouldn't continue to talk to someone if we didn't meet relatively soon. I want to know if their is anything real there or not. No point in wasting time thinking about it.