Do you think a couple should hang out with their friends more than each other?

Say... girl is 19, guy is 18.

and the guy wants to be with friends more than his girlfriend. but the girl wants to be with him more than friends. which do you think is the right way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dated a guy a year younger when I was a freshman in college and this same problem came up. I felt like I was always in competition with his "boys" for his time. When we did hang out it seemed like I was the girlfriend tagging along. Several years later I was in a another relationship where my boyfriend and I were ALWAYS together, which was nice for a while but then we were both unhappy at our lack of personal space. I would say that every couple needs a balance: time together, time alone to do his/her own thing, and time spent together with a group. Keep in mind that young guys often feel like they are missing out if they aren't with their friends or don't want to flak from the guys later.

What Guys Said 2

• the person you are in a relationship with...should be your best friend. If not then it is just casual friends with benifits...

• Couples should hang out with other couples.

What Girls Said 1

• no. I think they should do both, but should hang out with boyfriend more