Why do only losers talk to me?

I haven't dated in years, but for the last 3 I have dated online. The only men who contact me are either perverts or men who want to be taken care of. Ew, not attractive. I am an independent woman who doesn't need a man. I would like a man in my life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Either get offline or start messaging guys online.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, I do a lot of online dating and my issues with it are similar in that there are a lot of people who ren't relationship material, but in general the women I meet just seem to be interested in getting attention from a lot of different guys, not building something with one. There's good guys out there just as I suspect there are good women out there, but they're in high demand. By the way, is a pervert a guy who wants sex all the time, or a guy who admits he wants sex all the time?

• A pervert is a man who has inappropriate chat. Do you want to see whatever. NO Thank you

• I know this really isn't my question to answer, but I consider a pervert a guy who is blatantly and inappropriately open about his sexual desires with someone he doesn't know, it also involves a level of objectification which is a little tricky to explain.

• Your profile probably drives away all the decent guys. Tailor it to try and attract the type of guy you want.

• If you don't NEED a man, quit complaining, but remember all the "losers" you turned down when you are a wrinkly old bag.

• So instead of waiting for a guy who fits your standards to contact you, try contacting them? ;P

• Oh Hell no. Crashed and burned. My friends kept saying he wanted a girlfriend. All he wanted was sex. When he didn't get it he moved on and has a child now.

• all the losers haven't talked to you yet... we have never spoken to each other. lol

• dont be so picky?

• Why should I settle? Would you?

• Why would you settle for someone just to a have a girl in your life? I can't understand that. I would rather be alone. Yes, I have my wish.

• because sometimes having someone in your life, is one of the most thrilling exciting wonderful things you can have. even if it feels like your "settling" just having that certain someone is an amazing feeling. not like your gonna marry them, right? just someone there to make you feel good and all that..better than being alone, imo

What Girls Said 2

• Some of the greatest guys I've ever even been close to were "ew" by some girls. Aside from the obvious perverts or the people you obviously don't think you would be good with, if he sounds interesting and charming I don't think you should worry about looks too much. But that's just my opinion.

"The only men who contact me.."

If you aren't already, maybe you should try initiating contact with guys you like instead of just waiting.

• See the above comment. I won't ever do that again.

• I not talking about ugly guys. I am talking about men old enough to be my father, alcoholics, ex-convicts or con men. Those are the type of men who ask me out. I won't settle for that. Would any of you? They all have issues not taking care of themselves and wanting a woman to take care of them. That is just lazy. I don't want to be a mother to a grown man who can't take care of himself. It is not attractive.

• Oh, goodness. I wouldn't settle for those either lol

• then date in real life. meet a guy in your life by going out with friends, talking with different guys you find interesting and go from there. online dating is sometimes such a facade for the same reasons you have mentioned.