Is it bad that I still think about "a fling" 3 and 4 years after it happened?

I met a girl shortly after I graduated high school. She was paired with her high school group and mine on a trip to Europe. She was my first kiss which rocked my world. For the first time in my life, I had the world fade around me whenever she and I talked. I thought I was on top of the world. I thought the world of this girl. She was smart, attractive, incredible, you name it. Unfortunately, she lived 700 miles away driveway to driveway and when we came back, she wasn't the same girl I met. She's one of the smartest people I've met, at the time. Now of course I miss the fling but that's in the past. I've come to reminisce about her almost daily since we've gotten back (not as often as I did when we first got back, but at least once a day). I think about how she's doing and things of that nature. I miss the friend I had. I've tried emailing her on fb and no response but I'm not going to be persistent if she isn't going to give me a chance to gain her friendship back. I'm not sure what I did to lose it but I'm saddened to say the least that a girl who had that much of an impact on my life is no longer in it. What should/can I do?

What Girls Said 2

• Forget it

• Move on its the past and vote best answer

What Guys Said 0