Why doesn't a guy call after a great 1st date and says he will call next day?

We met, he called, went out and had amazing dinner and fabulous kissing, said we would talk tomorrow, was going to help me out with a business situation. Nothing and it's been a week.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't understand, it doesn't make sense to me. Any guy in his right mind wouldn't do that. What atomizer said could be true but it just seems a bit harsh, or more so just because you seemed to have high hopes (or were on cloud nine at least) for the relationship after the first date.

• Thanks, I actually didn't want to go out with him, he pursued me so I just said "why not", its just dinner. It just turned out better than I had thought and he was the one doing the work and complimenting and wanting to make plans, he actually thought I was trying to get rid of him early, which I was, so who knows what was going on in his little brain. He was totally into me though, it never occurred to me he would not call.

• My guess is that he lied. He never intended on calling you.

Lots of people would rather lie than say "I don't think I want to see you again."

• This is the thing I have been hearing about, I am new to dating. Why would someone do that when they were the ones chasing in the first place? I know he was attracted to me for my looks, I am really pretty and hot , not to be obnoxious but I know my assets by now. I think he may have thought I would be a little "easier" than I turned out to be, I am way more sophisticated than him lived all over the world, have kids, home, pets, I don't think he was expecting an affluent divorcee with brains

• You can make yourself crazy asking what-if's and why questions about other people. I've done it many, many times.

But at the end of the day, if someone wants to date you they WILL call and they WILL make time for you. Period.

You gotta kiss a lotta toads (or toadettes)...

What Girls Said 0