Does age have anything to do with the shape of girl you prefer, guys?

Ok so I'm 18 and I'm curvy ( no that does not mean that I'm fat ) and I've noticed guys my own age prefer to go for girls that have smaller bust, are shorter and are just smaller in genral etc . When I'm in bars or out and about the guys that come up to me are usually from like 23-29. I'm all for going for an older guy but I draw the line at 5 years my senior. And everyone always says that curvy is the most preferred shape, so does age have anything to do with what shape of girl you are attracted too ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm certain that when I was 16 and below, I thought skinny was beauty.

Then there came a girl with whom that didn't matter the slightest.

Now I have a preference for curvy to slightly overweight.

So there might be some relation between getting older and caring less about what you had thought about beauty and learning how to admire what REAL beauty is. :P

What Guys Said 7

• For me personally I liked thinner girls a lot more when I was younger until I dated a few thin girls and found out how much more of a pain they were (helloooooo painful doggystyle).

I don't think it's fair to make that judgment as an age thing rather than a my-personal-experience thing, though.

• It is a matter of what is percieved as "Ideal" by locale... I live in the Detroit area... Detroit is still marked as the city with the highest obesity rate (as well as Michigan being the state with the highest...), that being said, a majority of men prefer larger women (but not I... I prefer those you spake of, only because I am not that big of a person being only 5'5" at 165lbs...)... I have 2 married friends and both of their wives are bigger than them. For my own lascivious reasons, I prefer smaller... Let's just say that you are not limited in terms of sexual positions that could be done without risk of injury... Anyhoo, as for your predicument, it is the older men that are not intimidated by your physique.

But, what do I know... LOL

• i think its less to do with age and more to do with the style and your body shape. maybe you dress or act more mature than other girls your age so these older guys may see you as being more attractive than guys at your age which sometimes can be immature.

hope this helps.

• I don't think soo.. I'm 23 and I have been attracted to girls of all shapes and sizes. I do prefer women on the petite side but if I like a girl my preference becomes whatever SHE is. I know it sounds corny but that's a trend that I've noticed.

• Yes, as I got older, my standards diminished and eventually faded away.

• i shape my girls with a baseball bat and a metal hammer

• As long as their at least18 (legal) then no age doesn't have anything to do with wether I find them attractive or not.

What Girls Said 1

• I have this problem too. Younger guys are very superficial,( not saying older guys aren't because they are too) but older men seem to realize that being skinny is not everything and it's the person on the inside that counts. Anyway, that said, what's wrong with 29 year olds? or even guys in their 30s? I'm going to be 18 soon but even when I'm 18 I'll be hoping to get guys in the 23-29 year old age group because 19+ is what I look for.

• ha I just think that - for me anyway- dating a 30 year old might just be too much of an age gap. at 30 your more likely be wanting to settle down a bit and not go to clubs etc... I still wanna do all that. I think anywhere from 19 - 24 would be my limit lol

• i'm from the UK so normally you don't see that many older guys out cause they've been doing it since they were 18 lol.

• ohhh! well yeah that makes a lot of difference.