Texting randomly?

I met this guy a few weeks ago while registering to take a class at a local college. I could tell he wanted to get my attention, but I played it off. He sat next to me and started talking to me for a bit. When it was time for him to leave he asked me my name and asked for my number. He texts me his number 5 minutes after he left.

I met him about a month ago. He has randomly texted me here and there. He seems like a cool guy. The problem is that I just got out of my first relationsip ever, and I'm having a hard time with it all. It was weird timing since I was really bumming out and he seems to text during those times that I need to get my mind off of it all. The thing is, I would love to be friends with this guy, but that's it right now. I asked him how old he was since he's at a community and I'm going back for my master's. I'm almost 8 years older than he is. I don't want to date someone that young, but I definitely wouldn't mind being his friend.

How do I go about this without leading him on? I need to get my mind off the break up. I miss my ex so much, but I realize I need to have guy friends. He told me the other day that we need to hang out. Not sure if I should let him initiate it or if he's kinda shy about it since I told him he's pretty young and now he's scared to even set something up.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• Best would be to have fun with him when hanging out then after tell him you had fun but let him know you would really like to be friends. Stress friends and you probably won't even have to say straight out you don't want to date him. If you wimp out and don't do any explicit action then it'll come back to bite you when he tries to bust a move and you have to reject him in the heat of the moment.

What Girls Said 0