Have you dated or am with a boyfriend/girlfriend who has nothing in common with you?

have you dated or am with a boyfriend/girlfriend who has nothing in common with you? how did you guys make it work out? I'm getting back together with my ex boyfriend and I do love him for who he is but we have almost nothing in common. help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm. I don't think I actually have that much in common with my ex. But I still love her.

You don't actually have to have things in common with someone to have a good relationship with them. As long as you share similar views on morals and values, it should be fine.

What Guys Said 4

• Nope. I'm fairly desperate and wouldn't even do that. It would just be a waste and leaving me feeling empty when it doesn't last.

• yeah, I was bored. I knew it wouldn't work tho, so in hindsight maybe it wasn't such a good idea

• I have never dated. Still need to experience that :)

• asdofjklasdnckx/l m,

What Girls Said 3

• No, but he certainly felt that way and it didn't work out. Having nothing in common gives you something in common! You can talk about what you don't have in common :) Learn from each other.

• nope, but I ont think I'd like that.

• Yes I dated a guy that had no morals and I had morals, it did not go well. he wanted to date 3 girls at a time, and he approved of his dad who is still married to his mom, sleeping at whore houses. That was not good in my moral book. We only dated 2-3 months.

I dated another guy who liked to drink, and have house parties. He also liked to surf and golf. I didn't like any of those things. He didn't like canoeing and Asian food. We only dated 2-3 months.

I am with a guy now that only likes to sit at home and do nothing on his days off, I like to travel. So I make him travel. Also he smoked and does weed. I got him to quit. He also doesn't go to church or read the bible, I got him to do it. That's why I'm still with this guy. Although he and I don't have that much in common, as long as he is willing to do stuff I like and compromise and I don't have to do any of the bad stuff... it's OK. It's hard. I think it'd be better to have someone who has more in common with you than not. Like religion, politics, drugs and alcohol, lifestyle like are they out all the time golfing or clubbing? are you? stuff like that!