Would you date a Rocket Scientist?

I'm technically a "rocket scientist" - I work on the first stage main engines. Rocket science has such a strange cultural association attached to it. I can't tell you how many times I hear things like "he can't figure it out and he's a rocket scientist"

So I'm curious what people think about actual rocket scientists. If you meet someone and find out they're a "rocket scientist" is that weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes why not? I am a scientist too. I think the saying is coming from that rocket science and astro physics and similar things are very complicated and you have to be very smart to understand it. If someone uses it, take it as a compliment :)

What Girls Said 1

• I think that saying comes from like the 50s and 60s, when this whole space thing was kinda new. And ya, like has been said its a sign of intelligence, so why would someone not date you?

I don't think it's weird, it's a decent and interesting job

What Guys Said 1

• No just a sign of intelligence. Those terms are just used to be funny, a joke. nothing serious.