Why are there more attractive women on dating sites than attractive men?

Is anyone else a little irked by this? I'm bisexual and visit a few dating/social sites and it seems that on each one, the number of good looking women outnumbers that of good looking men. Why on EARTH is that!?

Most Helpful Guy

• Contrary to what feminists have you think about objectification, we see attractiveness and sexuality as female traits. Some few men are notably attractive, but an average girl is still attractive because of how women tend to have more sexual efficacy. Women have more sexual power, which is why they get to be more choosy, why bars have ladies' night but not guys' night, why girls get far more free drinks, why women can go on webcam and make a few thousand dollars a night...

Attractiveness is a physical trait for women, and a social trait for men. Women are attractive by how they look; Men are attractive by how much money they make, the possessions they have, and most importantly, the the attractiveness of his girlfriend/wife.

So in pictures, where all you get is the physical, women will be seen as more "attractive".

What Guys Said 6

• I would say that they use fake pictures.

• Probably because the web site puts up fake profiles of attractive women to get more guys to sign up?

• got to agree...some moderatley attractive women are real...but if you look hardenough ul see some people use stolen pics..or fake profiles and a lot of the attractive like really pretty girls on these sights are camwhors who only want your credit card numbers...there a disgrace to people who cam for fun...the few the proud the brave...i mean brave...lol

• Could be that your perception of what makes a man and/or a woman 'good-looking' is a factor, too.

• I think a lot of the attractive girls are just guys pretending to be girls, aha.

• I'd say it's the same. A lot of non cute girls. If anything it's because we're the ones who can't get it in person so we have to resort to online dating.

What Girls Said 2

• I never notice these sorts of things. I think we have plenty of cute guys on here, I just never pay much attention since I'm happily taken lol

• This isn't a dating site. ha ha Dating advice, but not dating.

• I just don't pay much attention to what men look like in general :P I just don't notice them.

• Lol I definitely notice that too. I'm bi as well and I see guys online tend to be uggos while the girls aren't usually. Who knows. Idont actually try dating online I just browse through when I get bored but even my friends who use that resource can't seem to find good looking guys online but my girl friends who are actually looking are often decent looking if not beautiful