Any advice for online dating?

So far I'm 1-15 in getting a response from girls. She didn't said back a second message either. I think my messages might suck or something. Online dating is probably my only hope to fix forever alone syndrome. lol

I'm on OkCupid by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my boyfriend on an online dating site, and we've been together for 2 years, so you definitely can be successful on it. I think it worked for me because I went in with no expectations-just be yourself, don't say to yourself that you need to find your mate, just think that you'll get to meet new and interesting people. As long as you are being yourself, you have nothing to feel bad about. If a girl doesn't respond, then it wasn't a match. Next. Also, are you sticking to neutral subjects? Talk about things like where you're from, favorite movies, bands etc. just to get a feel for the person before getting into the heavy stuff. good luck!

• I just usually say hi, my name, I liked your profile, and ask them something about it. No I'm not creative. It was hard for me to come up with that.

• I think that's actually a pretty good way to start. Like I said if they don't respond, they aren't for you. Don't be discouraged. You don't want to talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to you right? So just keep trying and I'm sure you'll find people worth talking to

• Actually a girl talking to me is pretty exciting. So I kind of do.

What Girls Said 3

• Be truthful but don't get in too deep.

• Be careful.

• after you message a girl and she messages you back, ask her for her gchat sn or aim or whatever it is you use, so you can guys can actually have a conversation instead of just messaging back and forth

• Ok. I didn't think a girl would wanna give that out so quick. A lot of girls won't have that though I bet. What if they only have Facebook?

• i wouldn't ask for fb. that's a bit too personal too soon

What Guys Said 1

• Which is why I think I'd prefer trying in person. You might get a better gauge of what you're doing wrong so you can learn from it. On top of the any number of reasons why a girl wouldn't want to respond back to you, there are even more reasons why she doesn't- maybe she lost the message in her inbox, maybe she just opened it and forgot about it, maybe some other guy is taking her interest, who knows.

I suppose you just keep trying and working out what works, and what doesn't as far as what you're saying to them. Also, I've seen guys and girls with books for About Me sections, which is generally either too telling or seems "uncool" if you're listing out the things you want and don't want. Stay brief, so that you have conversation topics AND mystery on your side.