Should I ask him out?

So I have this really good guy friend that I've had for a while. I recently started liking him, and I like him A LOT. Then he asked out my best friend but she turned him down. I think he may like me, and I would really like to start dating. Should I ask HIM out? Is it possible for him to ask me out? Is there anything I can do to get him to ask me out? Thanks.

btw, we both flirt with each other a lot. (he'll hole my hand, send me a flirty text, call me sexy, etc)

What Guys Said 1

• HE asked WHO out?

• my friend. (a girl)

• Exactly

You know for a fact you are not his top choice and nor are you in the top 5 or he would have acted on it already and NOT have asked your best friend out..

If your OK with that then go for it but this has disaster written all over it

What Girls Said 1

• I'd just start by being good friends first and get to know him better. It's always good to be best friends first and then sink into the relationship aspect of it. That way if things dnt work out you can still be friends in the end. Plus if you have good communication with him to start out, you'll have even better communication when you're together.

• i c what your sayin, and its true, but we've known each other for years and we are about as close as it gets

• You also don't want to talk about dating him just yet after he got rejected since it wouldn't make you look good. You'd be like a backup girl. The best thing is to help him through his struggle and as you get closer to him then you can spring that on him after a good couple of weeks getting to know him. Now would be too soon to start anything.

• Hmm, in that case I'd just support him and hopefully after hanging out some more he'll come around.