Would you date someone that plays video games 2 or more hours a day?

I'm not saying someone that has his/her social life compromised by video games either. Just someone that likes to play that little amount(I consider 2 hours very little) or a lot.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not? If I didn't have to work, go to school, and be superwoman I would probably just play video games all day.

What Girls Said 14

• Wouldn't bother me. Personally, I tend to fit at least 2 4-5 hour blocks in a week because RPG games require some TLC. I hate stopping and starting, and its impossible to complete a decent game play in 2 hours.

Anyway, I read at least 2 hours a day, so if he can deal with that, playing vid games is no issue.

• I'd join 'em :)

• I personally wouldn't. I don't mean to be rude but I feel like people who spend hours playing video games are wasting their time, and could be accomplishing much greater things. Achieve something with your time other than high scores to impress a girl. We like ambition.

• You dismiss all hobbies that aren't creating or accomplishing beneficial to someone or something then right?

• Maybe I'm old school. I'm not saying you need to constantly be working at something or producing something. Personally I would choose a guy who spends his free time reading, playing music, getting fresh air...etc. To me it just seems a little more engaging and develops more of a character.

• I see. Well I guess you like what you like. I don't see those as any different. Especially if it's reading fiction.

• i would, I consider 2 hrs little too.

• lol Yeah I just figured that's a good amount for someone who's fairly busy. For me personally it would probably be more like 5 or more depending on what I did that day.

• You're awesome slipslender, did you know that?

• Yeah, I don't care. I'm on the computer easily over 2 hours a day, and it's kind of a similar concept. I never really got into video games, but I don't have a problem with people playing them.

• 2 hours? how is that a problem? when I have enough time I can play for an entire day (tho me having that much free time is a rare occasion,sadly) as long as they let me play too,i'm fine with it

• Haha I don't know. One girl manage to come up with some crap about it. 2 hours is weak I know, but I didn't wanna say 5 or more.

• as long as it does not intervene on our time spent together

• Personally, no I would not. If someone has enough time to be wasting 2 hours a day on video games they probably: A) don’t have a job; B) don’t have social skills, friends or a life; and C) are trying to escape from reality because of reasons A & B.

• That's pretty wrong(not entirely some gamers are like that), but if you don't want to you don't have to. I wonder if you apply that to other hobbies though.

• lol I play online games with all my friends in real life when we are too busy to meet up and I'm employed.

• Wow. Cynical much? The percentage of gamers like that is VERY small.

• YES!, I'll even play with them:D

• Depends on other factors, but generally, yeah. If I had more time, I'd play 2-3 hours a day.

• Like what?

• Stop that.

:)

• Haha why?

• Maybe

• Yes, but I would hope that I am more important.

• Yes, as long as they made my for me. Playing video games is an acceptable hobby.

• Yes, but I mean, he has other interests right?

What Guys Said 7

• Well, I suppose I have the same prerequisite for a gamer girl that girls have for gamer guys. She can't wither away playing World of Warcraft instead of exercising with me, for one. Secondly, if she declines a solid ravaging for the sake of a match or raid or whatever, I'm changing my Facebook status to "single" ASAP.

It's not the worst hobby to have, though. Beats selling drugs or fighting dobermanns.

• lol Anyone who gives up sex for a raid baffles me. I'd stop video games all together if a girl just asked me to cuddle with her. Unless they had sex like an hour ago and you're trying to get more and they're not in the mood, but that's not the same at all.

• sure. I'll be at work for at least 8 hours so play on.

• I'd date them if they played them 24/7. You know, as long as they made time for me, even if it was gonna become a problem.

• From my gaming days I would say that more than 8 hours a day, more than twice a week, is pushing it. It really depends on how rich and rewarding the game is though.

• I would love to find someone I can play modern warfare with... LOL

• What about other games? Seems a lot of people on this site only know of one game.

• You don't get it...

KOF '94 - '97 were not distributed in america (officially... they were at video arcades in limited quantity, and were ordered from Japan, but '98 - 2003, 11, and 12 were distributed officially. I am waiting for KOF 13 right now... Unless I missed the release date.

• Oh. I get it. I just misread. Explains why I have no clue what it is. I've seen it mentioned once before.

• I mostly play RPGs and 2 hours barely scrapes the surface of games like that so you need to make a lot of time so you can really get into it. I wouldn't mind dating somebody who was into video games.. in fact I would probably enjoy sharing that hobby together.

• haha Yeah. I just put a bare minimum amount that would at least have an affect. 2 hours in an RPG isn't anything. Especially one with too many random battles.

• Hell yeah especially the classic ones... I play a lot of SNES and playstation rpgs that was the golden age or the RPG imo. I'm into fighting games as well like soul caliber but those are more fun with friends.

• of the rpg*

• Considering I just spent the last 2 hours playing pokemon, I'd be a bit of a hypocrite to say no. =P Hey, so long as we spend some time together, it's no problemo.