Has the global economic downturn affected your dating preferences?

For Women: If all the men could not find work in these harsh times, would you stop dating? Whether or not you are unemployed?

For Men: If all the women could not find work in these harsh times, would you stop dating? Whether or not you are unemployed?

Most Helpful Girl

• it wouldn't stop me seeing as how I'm unemployed as well and in school. we can be poor together :)

• what if you were not in school?

• i still would. like you said it's a tough economy and you can't hold that against someone

What Girls Said 2

• I've always been dirt poor, so I just got more poor. I guess it does effect my dating like in that I have to go to school while working two (soon to be three) part time jobs.

• no...if I am truly in love I would stay by him. Apply for EBT card, govt. aid, etc.

What Guys Said 1

• well, if I was a girl I would definitely not date bankers after all that.

other than that no...i'm a student. I live of off debt. I don't take that into consideration (yet)

• As a man, that will come to bite you in the ass later in life, especially if you don't get a decent paying job right out of college. As soon as you leave school, expect your dating life to plummet to near nothing. Add in the debt and a mediocre job and you're looking at perpetual loneliness unless your lucky enough to score a woman who "truly" looks past that and doesn't just talk a bunch of talk about, "I want a man who contributes equally". Welcome to the 21st century my friend.

• which brings us back to those damn bankers potentially ruining our future dating prospects!

• Aye. There's the rub.