How long after a couple breaks up is it OK for them to date again?

You break up with someone after 11 months. How soon do you start dating someone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• Psychologically it will situate with the individual themselves. Most people who have been strengthen my periodic failed relationships will become more stronger due to the logical state of their mind or their ruthless out look on life. Most people do not bother with the emotional upheaval and settle with become a swinger for the sexual intensity. A nominally normal individual will take about 7 to 8 months in total before all feelings become abdicated nearly completely. As for dating someone else, it somewhere takes half a month after the former 7 to 8 months so it would be like 7 1/2 or 8 1/2.

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, if depends on whether that person is ready to date again. If that person chooses to date again then that person should not have any romantic feelings for the person they broke up with. For some people it might take 2 months. For another person it could take 4 to 6 months. For those very rare people it might take 1 year or more. It depends on how the relationship was and the person's ability to move on. If a person wants to date again soon after a break up then that depends entirely on their choice. I hope this advice can help you out in some way or fashion and I personally want to wish you the best of luck in your romantic endeavors.

• Ok think of it this way...

It is officially OK to start dating when you spend more time checking out the cute guy or girl walking past you, when you realize your not boring your friends with endless comments like "so so and I used to do that", and when you no longer masturbate to only fantasies involving said ex partner. Those three happen it is safe to date again minus the baggage one normally carries along from old relationships.

What Girls Said 5

• There is no 'right' or 'wrong' time. It's when the individual feels ready. Everyone is different.

• Well I would just try to forget about them or just date someone like them. That's what I always did. And I pretty sure this didn't help you but I hope it did :D <3

• it depens, how much you like him, but if I dont, when I like someone else.

• Whenever the next guy comes along and you feel ready :)

• Whenever you're totally and completely over your ex. If you jump right into dating again, that's not the wisest thing to do in my opinion because you haven't had time to LEARN from your relationship mistakes and what you really want out of a relationship.

Basically, when you're in a healthy place mentally.