Is 5 months too long to still be considered as "the girl I'm dating"?

I've been "dating" a guy for 5 months now. We see each other 1-3 days out of the week, we talk on the phone regularly throughout the day, we share in the calling. We've established that we're only seeing each other and have no interest in "dating" someone else. When he talks about me to his friends and family he refers to me as "the girl I'm dating". I haven't met any of his friends or family, even though there has been plenty of opportunities for him to invite me. Guys...your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just want are you looking for? What are you wanting this relationship to be?

Dating is totally different than exclusive, and exclusive is totally different than committed in a relationship. A committed relationship is something such as a marriage.

Before I called it off...I'd pull back a bit and see what he does when you pull back. He might go into panic mode and make a move and step up. Or he might not...and that will be a big silent answer to you. If you care about the guy...pull back and just see what happens before you have that serious talk with him.

Hope this was helpful.

What Guys Said 1

• 5 months is too long to be just dating. I would suggest asking for a title change. Unless you're fine with it, of course.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes 5 months is too long to consider as the girl I'm dating. Ask him if you guy are now boyfriend and girlfriend, if not then it times to move on to another guy who will want to date you.

• It's been 5 months already and you haven't met any of his friends or family. Yeah...it's time to have a talk with him. Better yet, break up and find someone worth your time. Namely, someone who thinks you are worthy of becoming part of his life.

• Those are my thoughts too. We've talked about it, yet nothing has changed. Wanted to get some advice from folks to make sure I'm not over-reacting. Thanks!