Do a lot of GUYS still worry about race when it comes to dating?

I attend a predominantly white high school in the South, and I don't discriminate cause I'd get with any ethnicity:), but at my school one doesn't see much interracial dating... except when the guy is a different ethnicity and the girl is white. But I was just wondering is my school and town like you alls? Do a lot of you guys out there still care about the color of skin, or can you even get past it to see what's underneath?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• I do sometimes. I'm Sri Lankan and I am more attracted to white girls than girls of my own race. I have always clicked with white girls much better than anyone else. Out of all the girls that have liked me only one was Indian and only one was Sri Lankan and only one was black and the rest have all been white. But I don't know whether white girls would actually date me because I've only known one couple where the dude was Sri Lankan and the girl was white (Australian) and many white girls I know say that they would prefer to stick to their own race (not in a prejudice way or anything, it's just their preference). But also a lot of people I know prefer to stick to their own race anyway. But at the end of the day, if you like someone then I guess their race won't be an issue.

• Hmmm interracial dating was the cool thing to do at my high school. As for me I honostly don't care about race at all.. I'm one of those weird people that usually prefers to date outside my race.

• Can I ask why you prefer it?

• eh I don't really prefer it I just usually find girls outside my race to be more attractive on average.. Like I'm caucasian but I tend to find hispanic and Asian girls more attractive for the most part.

What Girls Said 7

• Where I live, there are couples across the color spectrum. The most common one's are blacks guys/chicks with white guys/chicks, then every other combination. There's been a noticeable increase in interracial dating lately; at least that's what I've noticed on the West Coast. A lot of people are very laid back down here, so the focus is more about the person at their core, as opposed to their color.

There of course will be people who will make rude comments and stare at you if your in an IR because some people are incapable of understanding that love isn't skin deep. So just be ready for that.

But if there's some white guy you've been checkin out, I say go for it :D

• My school is the same way but we have a mixed variety of minorities

a good amount interracial dating with white, black ,indian ,asian

• Black skin is gorgeous! Just like all the other colours (except if they look unhealthy like extremely pale) there shouldn't be a problem when it comes to dating with that!

• No I heard girls worry more

• Older people seem not to care

• No I hear girls worry more

• YES! You are a black girl in the south what do you think? lol I just had to be real on that one. I am also a black girl living in the south and many people are race conscious here. There are some people who will look past race, but there are also some who fear the judgment of family, friends and coworkers. Most people won't do it.

I used to be an equal opportunity dater. Meaning I'd date any race of guy as long as I liked him and we clicked, and I would get a lot of drama from people especially for even being seen with a white guy. It can be a lot to deal with so I see why some people don't like to deal with it.