Online dating seems to not work for me, so...?

what advice would you give me after hearing another "Sorry, I have a boyfriend" line?

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of online dating are you doing? If a girl said "Sorry I have a bf" Then why is she on an online dating site? That is the question I would ask haha. Seems kinda sketchy to me.

I would keep trying, how long have you been dating online? I have been doing the online thing for several years, on and off mind you, but I find it to be an effective way to meet people. It does take time depending on what you are looking for. I was looking for more serious relationships so it took me a while to find my current boyfriend. But just going out on casual dates, you should be able to find someone.

Now maybe it's your messages? Are you just sending "Hi, how are u?" to the girls? Or are you actually putting time and effort into your messages? Whenever I get a Hi, how are u, I usually ignore it or take a long time to respond to it. It doesn't seem that you are very interested when you write that. Another thing is the profile itself. What does it look like? Have you listed lots of your interests, activities and likes? Do you have a current picture, like one taken within the last 6 months? Do you have more than one picture? Do you have a picture at all? That all affects how your online profile is perceived. People who take the time to read your profile will look at the pictures and if it is a really blurry one you took 4 years ago than its not gonna do much for the profile. Take some good pics of yourself, not out drinking or anything. Take one really nice head shot, a full body shot, and then one of you doing something you enjoy like motorcycling, playing basketball, fishing, whatever you enjoy doing. That gives the girl an idea of who you are and if she would be a good match for you.

Include a good amount of information about what you are about. Such as what your goals are, what you do for a living, where you would like to travel someday, talk about any interesting life experiences you have had. Some topics to avoid: any exes, do not talk about exes or how you have been burned before, or how no one messages you or anything like that. You want your profile to come across as confident and intriguing :)

Well I hope this helps! Need any help or want me to look over your online profile just message me!

What Girls Said 3

• What online dating sites do you go to? I know a lot lol I have many accounts and I guess by far its kind of nice for me.. I am still single but I enjoy having friends all over the world via online dating sites. Met up few around my place, and its went nice.. I've got very good friends I can say, well at least some are from online but for sure "meet up" is a must for us sometime soon :) I still keep in touch with them now, which is nice :)

link link link - try those links :p

• Hmm... maybe you are looking in the wrong place, maybe you should be searching in a variety of places.

• you need to stop looking. and just live your life

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry to hear about that man. I tried the online thing a couple years ago but I won't do that again. I could only ever get two women to talk to me and one only wanted to ask me I had any weed lol. Plus I don't fully trust the other person I'm talking to on those things, what you think is a pretty girl could be some weird 50 year old hamburgered faced guy with a mustache.

And if any women on that site says she has a boyfriend I would ask why she is on there to begin with.

• Next time you hear that say "Wow he's cheap he didn't even buy you a ring."