Online dating????

OK, so I met this guy on chatroulette...and I know what you're thinking...he's probably a creep-o...but I got to know him, and he's an amazing guy! we are absolutely perfect for each other...its just he lives across the country. he asked me to be his girlfriend, but I just don't know if I could do this. who knows, he could be a major creep. but he's totally not! ahhh! I like him so much! D: what should I do? and what do y'all think about online dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey, you did not get to know him. You talked with a stranger on-line. He could have told you anything he wanted to and you bought it. He could be older, a felon (for God knows what), and just playing you.

What purpose does he have to ask you to be his girlfriend when you haven't met and you live across the country from each other? You surely aren't planning on going there? Crazy idea. If he wants to meet you, let him come meet you. And stay in a motel, you do not want a stranger in your home. No, you do not.

On line dating is fine, as long as you use common sense and the utmost safety precautions.

And remember, these people ARE strangers. You must be careful. Like it or not, there are so many people who want to rip you off & hurt you, and they are charming.

What Guys Said 2

• Proof, you always need proof... be careful ;little miss, there are PLENTY sick bastards knocking about

Please don't fall victim to one of them :)

• Great guys are all over the place, you don't need to go across the country to be with one.

What Girls Said 4

• I agree with shaun...Its too much of a risk and unfortunately you can't trust people these days, especially online. He could be a great friend that can help you with your self esteem if you like the attention, but just keep him as a distant friend. Don't share too much personal information. You should get out more with friends and you will see you can find a nice young man around you. Maybe at school or among you group of friends who can introduce you to new people ;))

• I say go for it :) Get some proof he's actually who he says he is though ^_^ but if you have some, good luck with the relationship! :D :D :D

• In today's world, nothing is safe online. You hve to be careful of online dating,

I wouldn't suggest this..

• I am in the same situation...what happened between you and him?

• Well, I realized that I shouldn't trust him...and He never got back online, so I just stopped talking to him...Kinda sad, but I'm glad I did. now I don't have to worry about anything, you know?