Is it normal to date someone you have never met in person?

me and this guy met on fb and talk and text constantlyyy but never met :/

Most Helpful Girl

• it is normal.. but I usually at least meet the guy before we start taking it serious.. but you will know if he is crazy or not from talking on the phone and what not people show their true colors soon. but if you have skyped him and you know he is like his pics then it is all good.. but I have met a guy on fb and MySpace before and it ended out fine

What Guys Said 3

• i think its normal just have a friend meet the guy with you or at least have a friend close by. You never know if he is a creeper no matter how well you think you know him

• How do you date someone without going on dates with them?

• No, in my personal opinion.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah online dating is normal. I met a guy online and we ended up having a seven year long relationship. Definitely carries the same precautions as meeting/dating someone offline, so always be wise about that, but definitely normal. Sounds like you both really get along. Good luck with that, as many rewarding relationships have been formed through online dating. :)

• that's not dating. that's a pen pal

• Both my exs I started to date without meeting them first but they were also my cousins friends so I knew they werent some random old guy pretending to be a teen guy.

• no don't date him. not safe. he might as well be a 55 year old man making you think he's your age.