Ever noticed girls stare at other girls?

A guy walks by himself he might get a couple of looks but put a girl next to him (especially if she's pretty) and all of a sudden it seems every girl stares. what's up with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• ... Honestly, we could just like her shoes.

But, turn it around. A girl of average looks - not ugly, but nothing to give yourself whiplash over, either - walks by alone. You don't notice. But, the same girl has a guy, particularly an attractive guy? That means that there is definitive personality aspects to a physically common person that makes them more attractive than their peers.

Having someone of the opposite gender is an immediate sign that there is something worth looking at. It's not always true, but it's also not wrong.

It's the same as hiring employees. Companies are more likely to hire people who have jobs because it proves they're hire-able.

What Girls Said 11

• Girls are competitive. Down to the basic psychology, girls feel more threatened by a hot girl than they feel nervous around a hot guy. Or when I stare at other girls I admire their style or am trying to figure out how they did their hair or makeup. Lol I like to stare at people sometimes, I guess I'm a little weird *-* peoplewatching is so fun

• we judge. Simple as that.

Judge their style, looks, outfit, everything.

And sometimes wonder why he would be with her lol

• best answer. So true, and it works with guys as well.

• Most girls compare themselves to other girls. That is why they look. It's like a primitive thing. They want to see whether they have 1 up on the competition so to speak :P I know that it is silly.

But girls love to see how they fit in the scheme of things. Like we look at other girls to see how we compare to them, basically, am I thinner, bigger, bigger boobs, better hair, skin, etc.. than the other girl. It's just a way of seeing how we fit in the female pyramid :P

• Personally I just people watch and I'm more likely to look at a pretty girl more than an attractive guy because the guy would think I was checking him out. Plus girls love watching couples, and assessing them.

• Yep, I just walk down the hall at school looking straightforward trying not to look at anyone. All I'm worried about is getting to my destination could care less about anyone else.

• How did HE get HER?!

• Idk About them but I check em out lol :)

• comparing myself to that girl

• we are just comparing ourselves to them ;D really

• Sometimes I look to see if their compatible, Other times if the guy is hot I compare myself to the girl to see if I could get a guy as hot as that.

• Yeah we're comparing ourselves to them

What Guys Said 4

• If there's a hot girl with you it conveys the idea that you've been "preselected". It greatly raises your "social value" over just being alone. Women like men that other women like.

• The only person here who actually got it. I can't believe how far off base both sexes are on this.

• Girls do it to see where they fit on the female social ladder. The game is this: men do the chasing, women do the choosing.

The ultimate goal for any woman is to be the "alpha female" that does all the choosing. If a woman is with a man, that woman will be used as a "standard" for other women to see where they fit on the social ladder. If a desirable man is with a woman, subtle to outright obvious competition between women will ensue to determine which one is the alpha that the male will be chasing. If the man is not desirable and with a woman, it'll just serve as an ego boost for women.

Another point is women will also see a woman with a man and use the perceived social value of the woman to judge the desirability of the man. You see it all the time... if an ugly fat man is with a alpha-type hottie, then the fat man must have something that women desire.

Men typically don't do this. Since we do the chasing, we judge our social value on which girl we can get to choose us. How we build our social value is done by things like being successful in one's career, how much money we can make, our intelligence, etc.

• Haters gonna hate!

• actually in america, its like that, girls are so shallow and petty, its pathetic. and there is this mentality that girls are curious about why the hot girls is with him. but don't be surprised that once the hot girls leave him , a chain reaction could occur and more would leave down to nothingness. lol. welcome to the shallowness and pettiness of female behavior in america.

• well some people or perhaps girls just can't handle the truth. or they know it and am self rigtheous about it and/or can't /refuse to see the wrong of it.

there are people like that all over the world and not just america, so I 'm just picking on america here.