What is the best approach to telling someone "why does it always take you one hour to reply to texts?"

This girl consistently text between 1 to 5 hours late. I have texted her 50 times you do the maths... I am in between ye she is cool to hang with but I am f***ing bored of having half a conversation then waiting a couple hours to finish it. How do I tell her this? Do girls do this as some stupid way of telling a guy she is not interested or why exactly?

Umm to be honest not that into her, more friends and what not. I tried dating her but again her lack interest/attention just turned me off, but ye I still like her as a friend but find it damn annoying that she takes an hour to reply to text. Don't want to be mean but want to be firm somehow. any ideas?
OK... quick opinion should I

A) Cut all contacts indefinitely and ignore her for a bit.

B) Reply with: Maybe I should start messaging you by post, could you reply any slower?

C) Other...

Most Helpful Girl

• Ummmm. I'm kind of guilty of doing this to the guy I'm dating. I end up taking AT LEAST an hour to reply back to his texts/Facebook messages. I don't do it on purpose or to be mean or play "hard to get" though.

I used to be addicted to my Blackberry and texting non-stop. Now, I've realized it's tedious and stupid to keep a conversation going that way and I usually keep my phone away from me and check it periodically. I forget how, but Nick ended up telling me via text that I take awhile to respond to him and I said whoopsie, I will try to be better.

Just let her know. I'm very interested in this boy but habits take awhile to break.

• B.

• Trust me it just makes you seem uninterested. I mean if you are used to other people texting you right after you text them, but then you meet someone who takes an hour to reply what else should one think? Anyway I sent her text B. and guess what she replied right away LOL. She says she was sleeping.

• Hahah. Well I'm glad things to have worked out so far.

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like she doesn't want to look eager so she is taking her time to return your texts. Tell her that what she did is annoying you and ask her if she is still interesting in you. I mean if she is not interested she wouldn't return your texts period.

• I could ask guys the same question... I do that to everyone unknowingly, there is a life outside of texting so I would just ask her why it takes her forever.

What Guys Said 4

• If a chick that wasn't even my girlfriend said this to me I'd solve the problem by never writing back. Quit being an impatient prick, and if you want an actual conversation CALL or VISIT.. Texting repeatedly is really f***ing frustrating imo. I put my phone on silent and never check it unless I just happen to feel it vibrate repeatedly (means its ringing), just so I don't have to sit there texting someone.

• It can absolutely be a way to tell someone they are not interested. Text her from a different phone and say "hey" and then also text something different from your phone a few minutes after and see how quick she is to respond to each of the texts. Just a random idea, I have no clue as to if that will give you your answer. You could also try just asking her about it rationally and ask her if she's interested or just not big texter. Problem with that though is she may mislead you if she doesn't want to hurt your feelings.

• lol man I am having the same issue. just let her go man probably for the best. no more headache and annoyance yes?

• she's busy or she ain't feeling you that much. either way you should lay off. if more she likes you the quicker she'll respond