Do girls actively try to find a relationship through online dating sites?

So, I was thinking of joining an online dating site to find a girl who would like to date - and was thinking POF.

I was wondering if girls, who are also trying to find someone to date, take POF seriously. Do many girls sign up on POF to find a guy who also wants to date, or do most of them stay away from these kinds of sites because of guys who just want sex?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't. I'm not a fan of dating sites. I'll just walk around the city and eat and shop until I mingle with some people.

What Guys Said 1

• They do but you have the worst ration of girls to guys on there, using a dating site for a guy is mostly a huge waste of time and money compared to the women you can meet in real life. Because online dating is seen as "safer" a place where guys are expected to hit on girls, more guys go there and if more guys go there women have their shields up even more, same thing as in night clubs but worse