Guy ditch me so he can hang out with another girl?

i was suppose to hang out with this guy last week however, he texted me later that day that he couldn't go to the movies because of family conflict. Later that day, my friend texted me that she saw him at the movies...with another girl! I haven't talk to him ever since.

He told me that he likes me and I'm pretty sure he knows that I feel the same. I'm not sad, I'm just really confuse. Why would he lie to me? guys, why would you do something like that? I just need to be enlighten! thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Kind of a low blow honestly...but I agree about the "keeping options open" comment...

although it is possible he really likes you but had some engagement to go to the movies with another girl because of the stupid drama associated with NOT going and wanted to spare your feelings

(Its happened to me...seriously, I would rather lie and go hang out with a different girl because that friend would come around to cause drama about it later if I didn't go...but this is pretty rare I imagine.)

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe he likes you, but he definitely likes her more.

• He's trying to keep his options open, it's up to you if you let him.

What Girls Said 1

• If a guy can't be honest and is going to lie to you he's not even worth the worry. He might lie to you so yes he can keep his options open. If you really want to know confront him about it.