Do I apologize for getting drunk on a first date?

He wasn't doing a lot of talking and so I just decided to get drunk and awkwardly talk about everything to fill in the silence and not be bored. I only had like 3 1/2 beers but ended up getting pretty drunk... to make matters worse, he was checking out other girls while talking to me. So I told him he probably would fare better on dates if he tried to focus on one girl instead of everyone that walked by...he says he just is easily distracted by everyone. Anyways, we ended up fooling around a lot but not having sex, which I made very clear in the beginning. But I ended up falling asleep and he woke up, said goodbye and kissed my forehead.

In hindsight, it wasn't a great date at all...but I do feel bad for getting drunk and being an "over-sharer"- should I message an apology?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would close the door on this one and chalk it up in the 'bad date' category. It sounds like you two weren't very compatible at all. I would learn from it and search for other guys to date. If you happen to see the guy, you could always apologize but without it being an apology that has the intent of trying for a second date. Doesn't sound like that's what you want anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• LOL! Lots of people have bad first dates...doesn't mean much...unless it really turned him off...do you feel that you owe him an apology? If you do then go ahead...Do you wish to go out with him again? I don't like that he was looking other girls over tho...it seems to me that if he were genuinely interested in you that he should have been more attentive...

• well get this! when I asked him why he was staring at the girl behind me, he said "that guy is a lucky guy..." and I was like... "do you think he thinks that you're a lucky guy" I was so offended. Am I overreacting?

• Well..it is easy to be an armchair quarterback..but I would have been offended...I would have expected him to show attention to other girls if you had been dating for a long time maybe...not first date...even if I was not focused so much on your good looks...I would be paying close attention towards getting to know u...sorry...I think that was just plain weird...cannot c myself ever acting in that manner...and did not seem to show much consideration towards you either.

• You should avoid this guy.

• If only I could go on a date where the girl would get drunk to fill the silence =/

What Girls Said 1

• If it had been a good date, I'd recommend apologizing, but this guy doesn't exactly sound like a winner... You might just want to have a fresh start with someone else.