How to do push-ups?

embarrassing as it is; I can't do a pushup. I can do the girlie ones, but I want to be able to do a full one. and plus I have a p.e assessment on pushups in eight days. how can I train myself to do pushups? I'm not fat btw.. just really weak.

Most Helpful Guy

• wtf? what would you do if someone attempted to rape you? you should at least be able to do 25- 30 push-ups =/

they have P.E. for many reasons, gal...

anyway... I can't really help as much as I could if you don't give us some more info. do you at least have some back, shoulder and arm muscles? if so, then how much?

• lmao you're retarded. even girls who take martial arts training can't fight off most guys. the average guy weighs like 50 pounds more than the average girl and most rapists are probably more than average.

• i didn't mean to hurt your feelings,i mean we all have brain farts now and again///a man raping a girl wearing a cup...ah jaysus

• go f*** yourself, ladywine.

What Guys Said 1

• by the girl ones you mean on your knees and pushing off to make it easy?if you do enough of those then you can work your way to real ones. Or go into the push up position and just hold as long as you can without going down. If you have access to weights then benchpress just the bar.

What Girls Said 1

• Try having your arms directly below your shoulders, and bringing your whole body down to the ground and lifting back up.

Keep trying with girlie ones. Let your legs hang behind you up in the air, crossed at the ankles. Keep the same form as regular pushups when it comes to your upper body. Instead of putting your weight in your legs, put your weight into your arms, and push yourself up and down like a lever.