Is it wrong to say that you couldn't date someone who is bisexual?

they have this guy and he's so sweet and sincere but when he told me he was bisexual all of those feeling just went straight out of the window. let me just add I have nothing against gay or bi people at all I just can't see myself dating a guy who has been with other men. am I wrong for having these feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• Im bisexual I'd just like to say this is very hard for me to hear :) But I totally respect you for that choice, if you are attracted, you are attracted it's not something that can really be wrong. It's your feelings :) I guess I of everyone would know that haha! It's ironic.

But can I ask, what is it about you, do you think, that makes you feel that way? Is it some subtle homophobia in your childhood maybe? So not saying you're homophobic but maybe it's just a feeling, not corresponding to what you believe? Is it maybe something about it emasculating him?

:) I don't know, tell me :)

• awww I'm so sorry if I offended you and no no no I am so not homophobic at all. I don't know its just when I think of gay or bisexual guys you kno I think of them as someone to hang out with like a brother you know.

• haha probaly I would have to think about it :)

• cool ^^. Just like to re-emphasize that it isn't wrong at all not to be able to date a bisexual. It's your personal feeling :) So don't feel bad.

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't, I don't believe people are bi, you either are straight or not. I don't care if it was a college 'experiment', if you had sex with a dude...you're gay, same with girls.

• no, even as a guy a bi-girl can turn me off... (i'll probably get flamed for that)

• Hey I'm a bi male and if its not for you its not for you.

• Just a preference I suppose

• No, I don't think so, but I'm biased. If I knew a girl was bi, I wouldn't date her.

What Girls Said 7

• Well, why do you feel that way?

• No you are not wrong at all, some people just aren't attracted to people that way. You have said that you have nothing against gay or bi people so it could just be that simple. I'm bi and my boyfriend don't mind it, but I think that is just him fantasizing about threesomes that most likely may never happen. he and I are open about it too. It's similar to how I am not sexually attracted to black people. I know they are exceptionally attractive and even beautiful but I won't be turned on at all. and I'm not racist by any means.

• It's not wrong, we all have preferences.

I'd date someone who's bisexual, but I admit it would take me a while to get used to the idea.

• Yes, you are homophobic. What the hell is the problem with him having sex with guys?

• no I don't think I could date a bi guy either

• No I wouldn't date a bisexual guy either. It's kind of emasculating...to me once you get with a guy, you might as well be gay, I'm not gonna have any sexual interest in him at all

• Not wrong. You should feel comfortable when in a relationship.