Since when is it cool to wear a rosary as an accessory?

Yeah - I was raised Catholic, so maybe it's just that I actually have respect for the Rosary and what it represents... but actually wearing one for fashion - it actually looks pretty lame, especially while chilling at a pool in board shorts.

I guess DBs just don't understand.

Most Helpful Girl

• My friend's worn a Rosary ever since she was little. She's a Catholic, and I really don't think she wears it because it's fashionable. Actually, it's almost always underneath her shirt. She touches it and says a quick prayer every time she drives.

• Yeah...Rosary's aren't suppose to be worn, even by Catholics

• I don't think so, as a statement of faith I've heard it's acceptable. I'm not a Catholic though, so I don't know for sure. Anyway, she does it.

What Girls Said 3

• I think that people should be allowed to wear whatever they want without others becoming offended or commenting. Just because it has religious significance to you doesn't mean that it should be offensive if someone wears it.

• Wearing a Rosary is actually extremely offensive to Catholics.

Many gang members believe it will "protect them" from harm, however, it's offensive and not very proper religious etiquette.

• um what's a rosary

What Guys Said 4

• I always steer of people holding Rosary Beads. You just never know when they might yell Bingo!

• when I was in Juvy some inmates used to wear them as an accessory because it was the only form of jewelry we were allowed. I all always considered it asinine to be honest.

• Iconoclasm is the new black.

• Yeah, or seeing JC on the cross hanging between a huge pair of fake t*ts. Really classy.