Why Do Girls Some Girls Think They Are Superior (Superiority Complex)?

I've never understood this and I believe it is a very common mentality, especially on here.

So many girls on here are "against" make-up, plastic/cosmetic surgery, tanning, extensions, hair dye, dressing up, wearing nail polish, or doing their hair. Which is fine.

BUT, they seem to think they are above girls who do wear make-up, dye their hair, tan, wear nail polish or overall do things that make them feel confident.

They promote "natural beauty" HOWEVER, I feel and I think many can agree, not all girls have natural beauty. Most are average without makeup. There's a HUGE difference between feeling beautiful without makeup, tanning, nail polish, hair dye etc and actually being naturally beautiful.

And the guys who agree with these girls who believe they are superior seem to think they are above guys who are perfectly fine with make-up and tanning.

I just notice quite a few girls on here have a foot up their asses and it's pretty funny.

***I haven't worn make-up since prom last month, so I'm not a cake face, I have no reason to tan, I haven't been going my hair in months(since prom though), I love nail polish, but I don't think I'm above girls who do all of these things.

So why do they think they are above?

*emphasis on SOME

Most Helpful Girl

• I see where you are coming from. In general, girls belittle their opposites to make themselves feel better. For example, the big boobs v small boobs, black v white, makeup v no makeup debates.

It's in human nature, I guess. Put down whatever is different to reinforce our own worth. Meh, I dunno. I'm all for self-love, but I don't need to put others down to make myself more comfortable with who I am.

You'll notice that most of the guys that agree with "natural beauty" firstly don't realize that most girls do wear makeup, even when it doesn't always look like it; and second that they don't know what the girls they are defending look like.

I wear no makeup during the day, and as much as I like when I go out at night. I have piercings and tattoos.I like nailpolish, I don't tan or straighten my hair. But even if I did all these things I don't know why or how it would affect who I am. If I was as fake as can be, I still don't understand how it changes anything. Who cares. People need to get off their high horse and if they are going to judge each other, at least let it be something with some substance.

What Guys Said 2

• Your right, us guys on here are just as guilty for stroking their little confidence and developing it into ego's.I'm a realist, Most girls look good without make up or tanning, nail polish and hair care is somewhat essential or optional. Usually girls who are popular or the spotlight is on mostly wear make up, had surgery done to them ,etc appear to be "perfect". Average girls feel ugly or unattractive because most of guys won't pay much attention to them. I do believe natural beauty conquers any other form of beauty any day , however that doesn't mean they should go outside exactly they look when they just woke up, same goes for us men. I have a theory that all people are beautiful and attractive just it differs on the individual preference .If you have a guy named jake is like a 7 out of 10 to majority of peoples opinions, You might find him a 4 or 5 out of 10. We are all different just us guys don't believe or see a point in putting over hundreds of dollars into your looks. Fashion is acceptable to certain extent, but from tanning, to plastic surgery and other form of natural beauty alterations doesn't sit right with me. Us men are responsible for developing the egotistical women in the world and on here. I never stroke anyone's ego and rather not. As long as men think with their little "tools" the more the give power to those women who have a godlike complex where they crap down on the birds because they are so high and mighty =).

• People are stupid

What Girls Said 14

• Maybe they think they are above the other girls because hair dye/makeup etc are expensive and they don't think they need it. I get that they feel comfortable in their own skin but I have yet to meet a girl who doesn't look prettier with some well done makeup and hair styling. I wear makeup almost every day because I like it as an art. Girls who use makeup aren't dumb, it takes a lot of research and skill to do makeup well. I use natural looking colors except for my fun eye makeup. It just makes me feel more attractive and put together. And guys prefer how I look with makeup, I very rarely get hit on when I'm all natural. Much more common for guys to think I look good when I've done some makeup. but one thing I don't get is how so many girls feel the need to look tan. I don't look as good with a tan personally so I use sunscreen to keep my skin pale. I'm always the lightest shade of foundation and like how it looks kinda porcelain doll like. Everyone's natural skin tone is pretty in it's own way IMO

• Amen sister.

I'm totally with you on this. Some people think they're all that cause they apparently don't need to wear make-up and look down on others who do. We all can't have amazing skin and perfect hair. Besides I love taking care of myself and looking after my hair. It's not because I'm obsessed, it's simply because I LIKE it and I like the way I look then.

Besides I think some girls are also just in denial when they say they look best without make-up.

• I'm against plastic surgery because I'm a feminazi you should be able to tell by my icon , actually I'm just against gender roles in general lol. But I don't think any of the things you mentioned have to do with feeling superiority over others. Attitude issues start because of a kids parents telling them they are the best 24/7 and they actually start to believe them and buying in to modern age culture by imitating the brats on tv. I promote individual thinking and personal acceptance so blame modern culture .

• They think they're superior because they are naturally beautiful without makeup, hair dye, tanning, nail polish, extensions, and dressing unlike those girls.

They're not superior just naturally better looking.

• But a majority of those girls AREN'T better looking. They claim to be, but that doesn't meant they are

• It doesn't matter who will be placed on a higher pedestal, natural or not. Attractive whether fake or natural is above natural and ugly or "fake" and ugly."

And this is about their mentality, not whether they are superior. WHY they feel that way, but I realize you've already answered this.

• Fake & real attractiveness is higher than any ugliness but they're not equal so yeah you realized why the girls feel superior.

• I don't understand this whole natural v. fake debate/war/whatever you want to call it. Some girls like to do all the things you mentioned, some do none, and some pick and choose.

I dye my hair to express how I'm feeling at the time. Sometimes I wear makeup, sometimes I don't, but when I do it's because I want to look interesting. I'm OK with being pale, but sometimes I enjoy getting a slight tan from being out in the sun.

That doesn't make me any better or worse than girls who have different views on beauty and styling, nor does any other girl's opinion make her better or worse than me.

• as I said on this Q link Wearing makeup actually isn't a sign of stupidity,girls who know how to make themselves desirable to others are smarter than those ''plain janes'',plain janes complain about guys not liking them,and those girls you consider stupid get men,attraction is an art,and knowing how to attract people is a good thing,it's just that those plain janes THINK that they're smarter,when in fact,they're ignorant and judge others based on stereotypes

• I tan, I dye my hair, I wear nail polish, I wear more makeup than I should sometimes.. I don't give a f*** what anyone thinks. It's not about insecurity, I'm happy with my self sans the fakery and I'm happy with myself with all of it. I think it's fun.. it's an awesome part of being a girl.

• Stupidity. I just ignore girls like that, I wear makeup and tan and dye my hair and I don't give a f*** what any other girl has to say about it. I know they arn't better than me so I just don't say anything and let them believe whatever they want. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

• Promoting "natural beauty" is more like promoting self-love no matter how attractive everyone ELSE thinks you are.

So I get where they're coming from in that aspect, but I agree that it's no reason to put others down or believe that they're not as secure as people who don't wear make-up. I'm perfectly happy with how I look, but I still wear eye make-up because... I like it?

• Im all for doing whatever the hell you want. if some girls feel comfortable and happy getting their cake on, its okay I have nothing against them. Honestly, you don't have to over think it, the girls who think their a better person for being all "natural" have some serious self esteem issues.

• Not everyone finds fake beauty real and not everyone finds natural beauty pretty. They will always be at opposition against each other. Not everything is a matter of "security" or "insecurity" and there is no black and white answer for either.

• stupidity

• girls like this? link lol

They think they have great personalities and girls who wear make up wear it to make up for lack of personality

• look retard some of us can accept our natural state of beauty and that does make us above girls who can't because we are secure with ourselfs