Will a guy who is just a friend?

ask you to go to lunch? Or for a cup of coffee? Or if he wants to hang out, will he suggest something more public?

Thank you everyone. I just need to make sure. I think he might like me, but I'm not sure. I don't like him that way, but he's a great friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• He'll ask you for lunch and coffee and such. Those things are casual enough that they don't really imply a date all that heavily.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, in a sense that he just want to be with someone who he's comfortable with.

and

No, not just a friend, it's very pretty unusual for a guy to ask a girl for lunch, a cup of coffee or etc.. it's either he's interested in you, or he likes you already.. that's why he wants you to go out with him. Usually a normal guy hangs out with other guys, (play basketball, play computer games or hang out with them).

*I'm a guy, I know right. :) *

• I ask my lady friends to go for lunch/coffee, that's pretty normal. But you're best to look at the kind of guy your friend is: if he doesn't seem to have many lady friends, lunch could mean a date. If he has more than a few, lunch is nothing more than lunch and good conversation :)

• I don't see why not. Those are pretty casual.

What Girls Said 2

• yes, friends often hang out.

• two of my best friends are guys and we hang out one on one all the time. they typically suggest what we do, like tomorrow I'm going to a movie and then to the park with one of them its not a date we are just friends hanging out. a lot of people seem to read to much into peoples actions, he probably just truly wants to hang out with you and why not go to lunch or to get coffee its easy simple and everyone has to eat and you guys can talk and catch up. so no just because he suggests that kind of stuff doesn't mean he likes you it means he just wants to spend some time with you and those are like date things so don't stress

• Well, the only thing is I don't know this guy well yet. I could only loosely term us friends, so it is a little confusing that he wants me to go out with him, instead of saying "Yeah, let's go out and do this. Do you think Brian wants to come too?"

• i mean I don't know if you want to know if he likes you, you could just ask