Dating after being cheated on?

How difficult is it to get into a new relationship after having this happen? Commitment issues with the new person. Will this be an issue? How do you get over it? What should the new person expect from the person that was cheated on?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

Of course, after being cheated on, you will never trust as completely as you once did in a relationship. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing, and in due time, you won't be nearly as traumatized by this. Just give yourself time to heal and get to know a person well before starting to date him.

• Thanks. I'm the new girl in the life of a guy that was cheated on. I will definitely have to take it slow with him.

• I have been cheated on and it did affect my ability to trust guys after that. I am over it now and don't have these issues anymore but yes it can for some people but not for others.

• Thanks for your answer. How long did it take you to be able to date normally?

• I've been cheated on before and I don't take that into a new relationship. If you think bad thoughts, you send out negative vibes and tempt history to repeat itself.

• I don't know what's going on. We get along great but, he's still looking for women on the dating site we met on. Apparently I'm the only one he's with. At least that's what he said.

• I hope for your sake that he doesn't accuse you of cheating every time you are held up in traffic. That is rather draining to constantly be on the defense. Good Luck. :)

• Exactly right. I guess best thing is to go at his pace

• Show Older