Dating someone with no friends?

I'm not a social butterfly, but I have a small group of friends that I can talk to and confide in, hang out with, have fun with. I need them. But I'm dating a guy that has no friends. He has lots of acquaintances, but no friends. He's not shy or quiet, he's quite talkative and loud so I don't understand why he doesn't have any or doesn't want any.

I'm not sure what to think about this. Have you ever dated anyone who's a loner? I just don't want to end up with someone who's going to cling to me all the day.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your guy sounds A LOT like me - I really consider maybe only 2 or 3 people to be close, actual friends. I have dozens of acquiantances though, and I too am far from shy and quiet.

Clingyness could be an indicator of his solitude, but it's likely not.

What Guys Said 2

• I have a couple close friends but they don't live in my city. I do a lot on my own. I'm definitely not the clingy type. I wouldn't associate those two things. The fact that he's a loner probably means he prefers it that way, so why would he change it for you when neither of you would really want that?

• Sometimes you just don't find people to be friends with. I'm not close with my friends like I was in High School. I kind of feel like I don't have friends for the most part. Don't take it as a bad thing automatically.

What Girls Said 0