Why won't she text me back?

This girl is obviously flirting with me, a girl I'm friends with seen how she acts around me and said she was flirting. She is always teasing me more than others, massive smile including her eyes when she sees me, before leaving for summer she gave me a long hug pulling me in and had her hands low with no patting, wants to always be physically close, acts nervous around me fiddling with things and blushed when saying she missed me, with school over we have been keeping in touch over Facebook the things she posts are flirty and lot of inside jokes only I would get.

Now the confusing part, 98% of the time when I text her she won't text back. That's always been a sign of her not liking you, so I thought she maybe a flirt but she only acts like above with me. Her close guy friend complains she ignores his texts too. I know she seen the texts always on her phone and doesn't seem to have trouble texting back her girlfriends, not sure about other guys besides the one mentioned. If I posted the same message on Facebook I know she would respond Asap. I'm also fairly certain that she has unlimited texting too. So I don't understand why it is so hard to text me back, so I would appreciate any light shed on it.

if she is sitting next to me or aound me I catch her looking at me, when she knows she is caught she just smiles and looks down.
I would like to think she is not an attention whore and if she was you would think she would have 10 guys drooling over her, which she could. She is already vary popular so she always gets attention any way. not sure what would make me so valuable if she is an attention whore any way, I frequently ignore her and have ditched her to hang out with other friends. Think I will ignore her, at least until she comes to visit.
she has an i-phone so not totally sure if she is always texting or just playing games etc I have seen her get a text from one of her girlefriends and post a response on Facebook instead of texting back., a couple times. I have seen her not text back a couple girls when they texted her so I could possibly be over reacting but then they could have been answering something she asked. so much frustration over something as stupid as a text
went for workout always good for clearing your head any way I do remember when the guy friend complained she never answered his texts, she apolagized and said she does it to every one. I have noticed her girlefriends even her best friend ask her to hangout, movies etc over Facebook when they could easily text her. so I am possibly over reacting and she really does do it to everyone.i think I will ignore her for a bit still and see what happens. p.s sorry for all the updates.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• well I don't know why she would do this, it all depends on the kind of person she is but I'm thinking either:

A.) she isn't texting you back because she wants to play with your head

B.) she does really like you and wants to see how much of an effort you are going to try to put into talking to her

C.) she's blowing you off maybe cause she's talking to someone else?

but regaurdless of the reason I think onee day you should just call her and ask her why she is always blowing off your texts. DO NOT text her and ask her lol.

also, maybe she's tired of waiting for you to make a move so she's trying to not be into you so much

you need to step up your game mister!

• lol you seem like an expert. can you read over my latest question

• don't hate the player, hate the game lol. and yeah I did do it to play games cause I knew it bothered him so bad and when he did it to me it actually made me want him more. ya just gotta know when to start and when to stop. id try it and if she don't start making more of an effort then just call her and see what's up. your gonna have more regret for something you didn't do then something you did!

• if you don't mind me asking did you not text back because you were playing games to keep him going after you or was it more you dint know what to say. I think I'm going to cut off talking to her on Facebook too kinda turn it back on her not that I want to play games but...

• Show Older

What Girls Said 6

• Sounds like she's manipulative, and if she's manipulating you then trust me. she does NOT like you. Not trying to be mean, just being honest. I'm a girl, and have lost of girlfriends. and this is exactly what we all do when we are manipulating a guy. She makes it seem like she likes you, then ignores you, so you'll think about her and go crazy. Lots of girls do it just for fun, and all the stuff you posted about her flirting with you, girls know how to fake it and make it seem extremely real. And if she has time to text her girlfriends but she won't text you, she's not interested. Just stop texting her and find another girl, one that will actually care for you. She's not worth your time, and there are many other wonderful girls out there that are genuine. Good luck!

• Sometimes, The best way to get someones attention is to stop giving them yours. - Wiz Khalifa

• Just don't text her

• i just think she dosen't text back because she isn't all that into you. if you like someone you don't ignore them that is simple.. she may flirt with you but her other actions show she isn't that interested

• that could be true but I don't know fi this changes anything...

although she did contact me recently online apolagized for not texting and we ended up chatting for a bit until I had to go to sleep

• well like I said I think she isn't that into that is just my opinion

• i know for a fact she is not attracted to him + he has a girlefriend, she ignores his simple texts like when the essay do or you skipping class why ignore texts like those quick and simple to answer most with one word. its not just a polite smile either, you always hear it a sign she likes you if she smiles with her eyes and that's what she does. same smile my friends gets from their girlefriends etc.

• Show Older
  • it sounds like she knows how to attract guys. she's just making you wonder why she isn't texting back so you think about her. on Facebook she writes you back so that she doesn't look bad and so other guys see it and think she always writes them back quickly. she's just socially talented it sounds like.

you could try

writing to her on Facebook only, maybe even only on her wall,

calling her...wow I know

ignoring her texts back.

arranging things in person.

just don't let her treat you this way. just tell her you want her to text back promptly and that you see her text her friends all the time...just tell her you like her company so youd love to get her texts...so you can talk

on the other hand maybe your texts or monotanous or boring or she just doesn't really see a reason why to respond to your texts...i mean what sort of things are you saying to her through text? she probably texts her gfs about boys which is interesting...is she just texting you about the weather?

maybe you should just ask her out and then ignore her texts for a bit after the first date lmao

• that could be true

although she did contact me recently online apolagized for not texting and we ended up chatting for a bit

• she just sounds like she's not much of a texter with guys...maybe because they all flock to her so she doesn't have to work?

• she is flirting or acting this way with other guys from everything I seen on Facebook or at school. I gotta stress this SHE INTIATES the Facebook posting NOT ME. she has ignored things asked by that close guy friend on Facebook and he ended up having to ask her in person, happened a lot. so I doubt she putting on a show for the guys if she is ignoring him. I don't text her a lot or with any thing monotanous, her text to me tend to be teasing about something and few and far between

• well, I can't tell you why she's ignoring your texts so I think you should ask her why she ignores your texts all the time the next time you see her.

What Guys Said 7

• Since you got so many advices ...how things are going now? :) What are your future plans with her?

• dude when you text, text only once and just go.. hey what's up with u, you never answer my text. and then whatever she says just go "Oh.." then move d fk on. don't post your question on fb publicly, that's when you know she likes attention.

i think she's evil.

• keep the private messages in private and youd know who your real friends are.. its annoying how FB is..

• I happen to take her as an "attention-whore"... some girls are like that... and trust me if some one likes a person... the last thing they would do is to ignore that person on sms.

They (attention-whores) would try to attract people towards them and if a particular someone is attracted towards em they tell dr frnz dt ds particular guy drools over her and stuff... I mean you get the picture... the first thing I would have done if I was you ... I wd hv tried to enquired what she tells her female frnz abt u... trust me they are the people who know everything :p I hope am wrong about it...but dude you gotta try and confirm for your own sake .. :)

• Since she's a flirty girl, just be a flirty guy. Don't take her seriously, because this girl clearly doesn't take any guys seriously. Play her game and beat her at it.

Infact, I'd call her out on being an attention-wh0re. Just using males for validation, and getting those poor guys to chase her and inflate her ego.

So, then again, don't play her game. Be a more valuable guy and invite her to hang out. Let her come into your orbit. She'll find you more interesting, and start chasing you.

• Dude! just forget bout her , don't text her .. don't do anything online either , if she likes she'd come for you ~ the key is to ignore em so they know you don give a sh*t , in that case if they really want you they come to you , I promise ;) meanwhile go meet new women and get their number so if she didn't wanna get to you , ull have backups lol . gl ;)

• well, why haven't you brought it up with her yet? If your spending this much energy thinking about it, just go and ask her already what's up with the no text response?

• she is just playing hard to get

• do not ignore her back, she's playing hard 2 get 2 see how much you like her. just keep asking her out on dates and eventually ask her to be your girlfriend. trust me I'm a girl & I know she likes you and is just waiting for you to ask her out. she's just testing u

• thanks man that helps, you would think their are easier ways to tell if a guy would make a good boyfriend. also would you say call her out on it when I see her next so she gets I am not willing to be traeated like that? and you agree with ignoring her back?

• its fun for women, it keeps in check so you will think of her all the time and to see how far you will go for her and how you can handle under pressure. Just keep trying and do what you do.

• Show Older