Why don't guys text back?

I don't know what is with some guys and text messaging. They can flirt in person and then if you text them there are long delays and sometimes no replies. Even if you aren't into someone it is rude to have that type of text messaging behavior. Yikes!

Any other girls feel the same way?

Most Helpful Girl

• The great thing about texting, is that you can fit it in as you do other things such as getting ready, eating, running errands, etc. The thing is, is that its a convenience thing, meaning if it is not convenient to text, then they wont- its everyone.

I know what you mean, I wish people would text back right away, but its not usually how it goes.

Things happen. People fall asleep, they may be driving,watching a movie, taking a shower, talking to and hanging out with other friends, or just doing something that is more important than applying to a text.

To me, I would love it it everyone responded immediately but its not a reasonable request. Its a convenience thing, meaning people reply when and if it is convenient. If you don't like it, then stick to calling.

What Guys Said 3

• You'll notice most guys don't care about texts as much. Personally I don't even bother checking texts most of the time. I don't consider it a legitimate form of communication. It's something you do when you can't make an actual phonecall cause you're in a meeting or something. If you want to make a big deal over text messaging then fine but most guys won't consider you anything but a drama queen acting like an immature high school girl.

• You really can't speak for all guys.

Personally, I find your response rather defensive and unhelpful. And you'll notice I am asking girls.

• ya, after all that is an inherently male trait...

• 1. I don't check my phone regularly. It could be hours before I even notice a text is there.

2. Not all texts can be or are worth replying to. I've gotten far too many texts that just read "lol" or ":)". I only reply when a reply is worth my time.

3. Texting sucks. There's better means of communication, especially considering my phone is absolutely terrible for texting. One decent length text can take 5-10 minutes on my phone. If it's that important, call.

What Girls Said 4

• Ha, well then I definitely text like a boy. In my world, texts are for conveying short bits of information. Why would you go through the trouble of communicating electronically with 160 character maximums - half the time getting interrupted in the middle of typing by a new text message that invalidates what you've already written - for longer than it takes to get a message across? Flirting and all that is better left to face-to-face interactions, when you can see the other person's smile and hear the affection in their voice.

Plus, half the time I'll set my phone down and wander off somewhere, and then come back an hour later to like 6 new messages. Not everyone wants to be glued to their phone 24/7. I really wouldn't take it personally.

• I don't text its not a viable form of communication. I do not like phone calls either. I do not like talking to people, unless we are in person. If I can not see them breathing its no good.

• I agree with everything diosadelanoche said. That, and a lot of things can be misinterpreted through text because there's no facial expressions (I mean, besides those little emoticons), no tone of voice, nothing that comes with face-to-face interaction. Something might come across as "rude" through texting, but may not when said in person. So, don't take text messaging too seriously. If a guy flirts with you and treats you well in person, that's infinitely more important.

• How about not responding at all?

• Honestly, sometimes I leave my phone lying around for hours without paying attention to it. Sometimes I'll get a text, get distracted by something else, and simply forget to reply because I've already opened it. Other times I just won't have anything in particular to say. It's not intentional -- it just happens. I'm sure most guys are the same way.

• i don't feel it as much with guy friends, but guys I'm dating, yeah, a**holes.