Guys: Would you date a girl with no friends?

I'm not from here so, I don't really have anyone I can call a friend. Just a few acquaintances here and there.

I am outgoing, attractive, fit, smart, treat my boyfriends like kings but, I don't have a social life here. :( I'm going into depression because of this. I really need female friends but, I can't make any good ones and I'm scared guys will see me as needy/desperate. Would you date a girl like me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes of course, only as long as she wasn't that way because she was actually a bitch to everyone

• It's because I'm not from here. I meet people but, it doesn't go anywhere. I'm used to having long term friends (10 years +) and now I have maybe 3 acquaintances that I see very rarely.

• haha thanks :), yeah it depends on the personality of the guy on how you can determine how he will respond to you having no freinds. Best of luck!

• He seems understanding but, I don't think he's comfortable with the idea of me depending on him too much. I'm a social person so, it's killing me sitting at home alone on weekends. I actually look forward to going to work. Isn't that sad?

I don't think he's ready for a relationship with me right now. It's still new. I can understand how it would be scary in the beginning.

What Guys Said 5

• Sure, just try not to let it get you down. My girlfriend only has one friend besides me and she barely ever gets to see him, but she's okay with that, and that's what makes me like her so much. She also doesn't cling to me as her only source of happiness, which I think is really tough when you don't really have anyone else close. Be patient, new friends pop up when you least expect them to.

• Thanks. I'll try to stay positive. It's so hard to stay here because it can be fixed by simply going back home to the people who love me.

• guys likely will, but girls will not date a guy with no friends

• i personally don't care about my girlfriends having friends

• Would it concern you that she might be too dependent on you to entertain her?

• I'll message you now. Thanks

• yeah no problem anytime

• New to the area? Why not?

• Not super new (1.5 yrs) but, I'm not young and all I do is work. It's hard to meet other women at my age that aren't married with kids, into clubbing etc...

• oh, OK. Glad I could help.

• I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful. I'm just so sad about this. It's so hard and painful. I'm used to having my friends and family near me. I started drinking to mask the pain. I don't want to be an alcoholic with no friends or love life. I just want to cry, quit my job and go home.

• no offense, but really? friends come and go. How could you be single? you sound attractive. why are all the good girls single?

• Thanks. I have managed to meet some nice girls but, they have their core groups for the most part. On the dating scene...I'm what you call "damaged goods". :( I was abused by my ex (mentally/physically) and ran 3000 miles away from home to escape. Now I'm alone.

What Girls Said 2

• Don't worry about not having friends I'm sure that you eventually make some. Friendships are not something that you should rush into because your friend could end up to be your worst enemy so choose friends carefully. Furthermore your boyfriend should be interested in you and you only not your friends.

• He's not my boyfriend and I don't think he will be. I finally told him the real reason I moved in the first place. I ran away from my abuser. That's not an easy one to deal with so early in a relationship.

• Ya they would! In fact you probably get more attention from guys than the average girl. I think that for a word of caution: Be very very selective as to who you talk to. Don't look for answers in other people. Draw into self and reflect on what's really going on so that you don't make the mistake of throwing your pearls befores swine. Gain some inner confidance about what you want and not what you think you need to do "Rememeber there are no haves to's or should be's . Be gentle with your self about it as it would be better to be SAFE and ALONE.

• Yes! This is my problem. I have guys that want to be my "friend". I'm scared of being taken advantage of because, I'm vulnerable right now. This is not my home and I'm lonely.