Which is the most important when dating someone?

Choose the single most important one from the poll that matters to you.

• High Income
  • Good Looks
  • Personality
  • Confidence
  • Sexual Experience
There is a suttle difference with this question compared to the last and more popular one.

I wanted to see if all this talk of girls saying they want confidence above all else in a guy was true.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, good looks are the hook. We're all human and it's human nature to be initially attracted to somebody you find aesthetically pleasing, because at first glance, what else do you have to go off of that draws you in?

PERSONALITY wins, but...

Confidence is the line. You want a guy who is confident or at least fakes it. My boyfriend is gorgeous, unfortunately everybody else thinks so too, but he has such low self esteem and is so insecure about himself. But you would never know. He's extremely friendly, outgoing, intelligent, charming, and what I love is he always has something to say. I tease him and I love when he teases me back and challenges me with witty banter. All that is confidence to an extent, even if he doesn't actually think highly of himself.

Personality is definitely the sinker though. But not just a good personality in the sense that he's a nice guy who has good traits. I want him to have chemistry with me, and to have things in common. My boyfriend and I had this amazing spark from the start - because there are a lot of nice, good-looking guys out there, but not many that have as much in common with me as him. We think so alike, have the same outlook on life, ideas and opinions, and that is what I look for. I do not believe opposites attract.

• i think my biggest crush was on a guy that had an opposite personality to me. However, I now see a lot of guys who have a similar personality that are just as... endearing? :)

What Girls Said 15

• 1. Personality, that's what makes me fall for the person.

10. Confidence, but the right amount of it. Not too much.

11. Good looks, according to what I like.

99. High income

100. Sexual experience

The weird numbers are just to give you an idea of how unimportant the others are to me.

• Confidence is what is most important. I would say personality but I know a lot of people with great personalities that don't get dates because they are insecure and it shows. I also know guys who are not attractive but have a lot of confidence that gets lots of dates because their confidence over shadows their looks.. You also have to remember their is a difference between cofidence and over cockiness.

• I feel like looks get you the date, but the personality is the make or break during the date and decides whether or not there will be another or not.

• i would date a u.g.l.y person, if he has the best personality :)

• Personality. That means sense of humor and lots of charm mixed in with good manners. As ling as they don't look like the elephant man. Good looking guys get a lot of attention. That turns them into players and douche bags more often than not.

• personality, I have fancied guys before, then had a conversation with them and been totally put off haha. the rest are just bonuses!

• It's technically not about anything one of these things. For me, It's a combination of the love I feel for them, the attraction I have to them, and how we organize things together. Pretty much, it's a combination of things.

• Gotta be able to make me laugh !

• high income? really

• Personality definitely ^_^

• Personality is 100% the most important thing to me.

• I have a High Sex Drive...

• Personality. Looks are important and all, but if there is no chemistry, or connection it won't last. TRUST ME.

• This poll was already posted, what the heck? It's like a cheap rip off!

• It's a silly question...and most of these things on the list aren't even all that important to begin with.

• I can see where MOST of the list is not important, but you don't think Personality is?

• I already voted for personality so...

What Guys Said 7

• Yeah personality will win every time in a poll like this. Next time leave personality and confidence out, I bet good looks will score highest, leave good looks out then sexual experience will score better, why oh why is high income always never chosen? you think we'll think of you being shallow or a gold digger?

This is kinda off the subject of your question I know, but in human society in the past and present, women have always gone for the guy that can provide the best for her and offspring not only gene wise but also financial and survivability wise.

The most logical order that humans choose a partner would be:

1 Looks

2 Personality

3 Confidence

4 Income

5 Sexuality

With a high enough income and the life situation that one of the partners is residing at that moment the order will be:

1 Income

2 Sexuality

3

4

5

I left 3 to 5 blank because you can put them in any order you like. This accounts for a good number of the population on earth, poverty sucks.

• Interesting but what about this next time, I break personality into say 5 parts and see what gets picked?

• to many choices and people won't answer. How many choices can you put on the polls of G@G, I never looked into that.

• Looks matter only to the extent so you wouldn't find the person *unattractive*. I think so, anyways.

After that, an appealing personality can make anyone fall.

• I always say the other person has to find you at least a little attractive to give you a shot, but if you have no personality it won't last near as long as you'd like.

• Of course personality is going to be number 1 by a long shot, you would get more information by asking what is second most important.

• Personality, by far.

Sure good looks and high income would be awesome, why not? But I couldn't stand being with a really dumb girl for more then a month, even if she's super confident, makes 100k/month, smoking hot and knows exactly how to please a guy. She needs humour and to be intelligent, that's for sure.

• I'm going to feign shallowness here and say I won't go out with a person if I don't find them physically attractive. What's the point? We can still be friends.

Looks are what catch a person's attention, personality and confidence is what keeps them. End of story.

• Personality