Is online dating worth putting the effort into? I have limited time to go out physically so I might do it.

I work full time and go to school which leaves me little time to go out with friends and try to meet people. I would very much like to be in a relationship and I was thinking about giving online dating a shot. What are your experiences with it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a waste at all. I met my boyfriend online and he is amazing :) I couldn't be any happier :D It is a great way to meet people. Some tips are if you truly want to meet someone, don't be afraid to put good details into your profile. List a variety of activities you like to do, have a good 'about me' section, put lots of thought into it. This is your first impression on someone, you want it to be a good one. Also have a few different pictures of yourself, one of just a head shot, then a full body one, then one doing something you enjoy doing. This will give her good insight into your life, and make her more likely to want to talk to you.

My experiences have been good. I have met many people online. It does take some time to find that right person, but when you do it's amazing :) I would suggest a free site, like Plenty of Fish, or OK Cupid. I have used both and they are great. OK Cupid is good for quizzes and finding people you may have things in common with, but don't be afraid to look at people outside of their suggestions. Also send good messages, don't just put "Hi." or "How are u?". Actually take the time to write a thoughtful message. You may not get many responses at first, but serious members will take the time to write you back. Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it's a complete waste. I met by boyfriend who I am now living with on an online dating website. I would just warn you that there are people on those sites that are just there to play around and there are some fakes. But online dating gives you an opportunity to talk to a lot of people so you're bound to meet some good girls.

• I'm actually not a huge fan of online dating,but I am now dating my boyfriend who I met off a dating site!I'm really happy I went on the site,because I met him!It doesn't hurt to give a dating site a shot!

What Guys Said 1

• If you're reasonably attractive you can talk to a a few people a week at least. I've got to say though, finding serious people that are interested in more than just hanging out a couple times and screwing is difficult. I've met a lot of women off the internet and the vast majority act like it's some throwaway thing that they'll pass up if there's absolutely anything they don't like since they can just go back and search again. So adjust your expectations and you'll enjoy it.