Guys: if your date offered to pay?

would you take her up on it or would you be totally offended?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a proud person I hate being in debt to anyone regardless of the situation but If I had paid before or if we already arranged for me to pay the next meal I would be cool with it.

Alot of men feel bonded to the social norm of paying for the women and it can also be a way to put the woman in debt to the man and there by keep her hooked whether to continue talking or as a tac on his score board that may help to get him laid.

Those are just to of what I assume are the most common perspectives men can fit either one

• Lol, just read the second paragraph. Makes perfect sense. :)

What Guys Said 5

• When I went out before she offered to pay and I told her that it was alright I had her covered but she kept insisting on paying so instead of leading to an argument I offered to pay for her meal (since hers was more expensive) and she could pay for mine lol. Afterwards I used the rest of the money I was going to spend on candy for her since I knew how much she loved it.

• Yeah, usually I'm not okay at all with the girl paying. Even if she does pay in the end, I'll still feel like sh*t.

• Why? Just curious

• lericah mentioned pride. I also noticed girls have "checklists" in dating and this is one thing of that list.

It's my job as a man. But I must know the girl really deserves it, otherwise...

• But, it's not debt, it's sharing. Like a gift, I guess? Checklists are bullsh*t and girls need to get over that.

• I wouldn't mind at all! I would cover her as well when she needed it. Relationships and dating are all about mutual gain in my opinion. You should just be willing to help your partner.

• I would say no that's OK. If she still insists then I'll let her.

• I doubt I would be offended but I would not let her pay

What Girls Said 1

• i know I'm not a guy but I usually offer to pay. its somewhat to see if they actually wanted to pay for me though lol

i would usually take out my wallet and ask how much, even when he said he'd pay before. if he says something that means he actually wanted to pay and would feel bad

if he lets you pay...you already know, he could just be relieved haha

but some people don't like fighting over whose paying at the place, so they let you pay for your share and treat you to other stuff.

and I usually pay for myself cause I don't like to feel like I owe them something. but id be willing to buy them stuff w.o anything in return. who knows...maybe theyre the same way. everyones different!

but those are my observations/opinions! :o

• my boyfriend would love it if I paid for myself. even before we dated! I've paid for his food back then too! he felt like he owed me cause I got broke from all the stuff I was getting lol so he's paying for everything now :'(