Have you ever ended up dating someone that you met online who lived in another state?

Just wondering if any of you have ever met someone online, talked for a while, and ended up meeting/dating. Particularly if you lived in another state. Stories would be great. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• From a different country, actually. I lived in Ontario, and he lived in Ohio (though it was about an hour and a half driving distance). We dated for a few months, but both wanted to find something more local.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I've never dated someone I met online but I have done the long distance thing. It is really hard and eventually you grow apart. Sad but true.

You have to be careful though about dating someone online and then meeting up. You never know what the other person is really like and capable of.

• My best friend has done this twice, and both guys ended up being ass holes (she's still dating one of them despite the fact that he's abusive and dishonest). Not saying yours will be like that, that's just my experience. My other friend met his "girlfriend" online, but they still haven't met in person and she's not going along with the long distance thing very well. So basically, meeting is quite possible, hanging out in person is kind of a crapshoot.

• i met someone on Facebook, he lived in a different city