Do you feel Africans have the right to mad at Obama and his wife for not taking care of Africa?

I just read an article about how some Africans were mad at Obama and his wife for not spending more time in/aiding Africa. Do you believe this is fair? Do you believe that Africa is asking too much or should the Obamas help?

I believe B personally, he has his own country to run and we have too many problems in the U.S. as is to help other countries out of their own crises.

• Yes, they totally should pay more respect since they are descended from there
  • Obama is the president of the U.S., Africa is not his problem
  • I am neutral/want to see the results
Here's the article: link

Most Helpful Guy

• The United States is not Africa's legal guardian. They can take care of themselves.

Nobody likes it when you ask for the "Homie hook-up".

They act as if the fact that the Obamas are black obligates them to help Africa.

What Guys Said 9

• Sorry, why does America owe Africa anything? The States have enough problems of their own without playing daddy to a continent thousands of miles away.

• I know right? Why would africa even be mad? it's stupid.

• I guess they feel that the West still owes them for the questionable legacy of colonialism and capitalism.

• true dat

• That's dumb. He's has enough on his plate here, why would he bother with an entirely different continent?

• I know, Africa shouldn't even be mad. We are helping out more than we need to, to being with.

• He is the president of America, not any other country. If he wants to run for president in Kenya or something after his end of term in service date then he can fix the problems over there, but right now we're the ones paying him to do a job here.

• We need him to fix America first before anything else.

• People seriously think he should take care of Africa? F***ing morons. Bet they want their cake and to eat it too. Do they not see the problems in the US?

• F*** that, he needs to get this country back to shape.

• Fix the f***ing problems here before we worry about other places

• Are the people in the article who are saying this stuff even African? It just seems to be stuff they've found on the internet.

• the article specifically said africa advocates and Mwiza Munthali, public outreach director of TransAfrica Forum.

• lol well, he is the American president. He isn't African and he isn't the leader of any country in Africa.

What Girls Said 5

• Last time I checked, he is the president of the United States of America.

• I'm all about humanitarianism, but the president needs to focus on America's problems at the moment.

• Last time I checked Americas debt was over 13 trillion dollars.. Obama is the president of the US not some country in Africa. He needs to get our sh*t together before he can really help anyone else.

• Although I don't like Obama politically, Africa is not our burden. I think we have helped other countries enough and we should be trying to fix our own problems.

• If he fixes stuff in his homeland, that makes him a good guy. He's not responsible of the whole world.