Technically broken-up, how do I restore the relationship?

So me and my ex were together for 2 years but he broke up with me because he says he needs to be alone. But we still talk everyday and hang out a lot, and still hook up, and I asked him why we can't just be together and he said it was because he's scared to open up to a girl, but his friends tell me he says he loves me and I don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try backing off a little and see if he comes to you. If you make him feel a "fear of loss" it might make him run to you. You know, just play a little hard to get.

• Thanks for the advice, I went a week without calling him at all and now he's been calling me almost everyday so thanks a bunch.

• Kick ass! Glad I could help.

What Guys Said 1

• Mention the word "friend" to him and your relationship will die. I had a similar girlfriend who wanted a relationship, but without the responsibilities. It didn't work out lol. This guys seems to not want the take on the responsibilities either.

What Girls Said 1

• Be open and honest with him and he might talk to you. Be there as a support system is the best thing and play it as a friend for now is what I would do. Hope it helps.