Ladies, would you ever date a nerd?

I'm talking full on nerd too. Can fix computers in seconds, plays D&D and other role playing games, plays video games, watches anime, dresses in cosplay at conventions, loves star trek, acne, glasses, is virtually a walking dictionary of scientific terminology, lives in his mothers basement, maybe just a tad overweight (or really skinny, never seems to be an in between), is still a virgin, collects comic books, and just about everything else associated with being a nerd. Would you date one? (not saying I'm one mind you)

Most Helpful Girl

• No.

From that description I would have nothing in common with him and probably wouldn't find him attractive or interesting.

What Girls Said 10

• Clear up the acne (Not that hard) and have some ambition in life (Be going to college or have completed college and working towards a career). As long as he wasn't a jerk (Interests are not personality) and treated me with respect and dignity then it'd be a possibility.

These are the type of people I'm friends with, a lot of them are really great guys that have no clue what the word subtle means. One or two of them will be lonely for life because they have superiority complexes. Some of them just hate stupid people, like sorority girls (Who we call affectionately call "Sorostastitutes") and frat boys.

PS. 4th ed sucks.

• My ex is a 'geek' (not as smart as a 'nerd'). Plays video games, d&d, reads fantasy novels and comics, loves star wars AND star trek, kind of chubby, glasses, very average looking. Now I love SMART guys and cute nerds (that don't know how cute they are). Like I think Clark Kent is way hotter than superman. I wasn't attracted to my ex when I first met him but after about two months of being friends I went out with him because I thought he was nice. Note the word THOUGHT. I have to say that just because a guy is geeky, nerdy or whatever does NOT mean he will treat a woman any better than some hot asshole. In fact he was just as bad, if not worse. I can only guess it is because of his lack of experience (not only that but he is also a year and a half younger than I am), being so out of tune with reality and his obvious inferiority/superiority.

• Inferiority/superiority complex... is what I meant to put.

• Oh and sorry I missed the part about being a virgin. If that was the case then well no. I believe that guys need to date around and experiment until they get more serious. I have a lot of experience in dating and am pretty much done with the whole 'experimental stage' of my life. Not that I want to get married (if ever) but at least find someone to have a serious relationship with. I want someone who is the same way. If I dated a virgin I’d worry about him always wanting to be with other women.

• Wow, unless there is a common interest. I do not see how I could! I mean to be this person you have described would be a completely and total opposite to me. If the two people to know enjoy the same things, can't do things together, then how would a relationship work. The fixing of the computer won't be an issue. nor the D&D's role playing games, video games.however t he dresses up the start trek , the watching of anime would all be issues for me.

I'm not one to judge on looks,I have glasses, slight acne, and guys still find me cute and attractive.The virgin part for me would be an issue. I know that sounds bad, but I prefer someone that can teach me soemthing in the bedroom not the othe way around. The weight nd the living in the basement are not issues either.

Whats the point in this question

• Nothing, just curious if Nerds really are girl-proof...

• I would. I love Anime, Cosplay, D&D... and fixing computers is something that is extremely handy nowdays. I don't judge on physical appearances (Though being clean and tidy in appearance is a must). As long as you weren't mean or abusive.

Don't worry. There really is someone out there for everyone.

• he needs to stop playing WoW cause it brain washes you buy some acne remover and get out out of your mothers basement and that's my dream guy (someone shoots me)

• Yes, I don't mind nerds. I am a nerd too.

• I'm a nerd. I think nerds are great. cool!

• Drop ALL the anime, get OUT of your mother's basement, clear up the acne, and get some Alex Evans glasses, then YES I WOULD DATE SAID NERD! (:

I find Anime-obssessed people to be extremely unattractive. Especially men. I just can't stand it. Most girls don't feel as strongly as I do, but it's a TOTAL deal-breaker for me. I like my man to be grounded in the real world (:

• Yes I would there's something about them and cosplay especially is sexy to me.

• As long as they're motivated in life, and have a likable personality the answer is yes, yes, and YES! There are plenty of girls that are nerdy themselves/and or love nerdy men. Seriously, they exist. I would know, I am one.

What Guys Said 1

• Lol are you serious man, cause if that's the case you have just described the common stereotype of a nerd lol. Now you say your not a nerd hmm, why do I not believe you? It's ok to be smart but come on D&D, star trek conventions yeah those are what I would call chick repellents.

• Lol, well ill admit I'm a little nerdy about video games, but everything else I have little to no intereest in especially star trek, not a big fan of that.