How long do you have to wait to date again after a break-up?

is there really amount of days you are suppose to wait after you have broken-up with someone before you start dating again?

if so then how long?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rough rule of thumb: 1/5 to 1/3 the length of a relationship, but no longer than six months under any circumstances.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on how hurt you are. If you can look at a picture and not feel anything then you are cured. But if you feel that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, maybe it's too soon.

Here is a thought. Put a few pictures of your ex on a slide show (like windows screen saver) among other pictures that are neutral. Sit back and watch them flip over and if you feel anxiety or sick, etc. when his pictures pop up, then it's not ready.

• Well I think it helps for someone to take at least a month or month and a half off from dating after a break up just to make sure he or she has a clear mind. It really depends on how long the person had a relationship with whoever before the breakup. The longer the relationship, the longer I think the cooldown period should be.

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends on the person. Some people use dating as a way to get over their exes, while others need time to lick their wounds and recover.

I was the type to jump back on the horse. I knew that nothing serious was going to develop post break-up, but I hated sitting at home moping about something I had no control over. That's just me though. Tell you what - I met quite a few guys feeling the same way. Had a few bash-the-ex dates that helped me get over the worst.

• From watching other people they use the takes one to get over one philisophy but it's really up to you if you still have so feelings towards the other person any other relationship may not work out. For me I give it at least a month before I get my feet wet again just to be sure I'm not rebounding or look like I need someone all the time.

• As far as I'm concerned you could start dating within an hour of you breakup, its really all up to how you feel after the breakup. There isn't really a rule of thumb on how long you should wait, at least I don't think so.