Why do they make thiskiss face?

Why do so many girls make this stupid face link in their photos like on Facebook and everywhere else. It's def not a very sexy face to make.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think girls do it just because they think they would look worse if they were making a normal face... and I guess it makes your lips look big, your eyes big, and our cheek bones look higher, which are all scientifically proven to be favorable, but perhaps not to the "duckface" extent.

What Girls Said 6

• They are just so use to seeing it they don't notice. My best friend use to make that face every time she saw her reflection or took a picture and id be like wtf is wrong with you but when I look in the mirror my guy friends tell me I make the same face, but honestly I don't notice, or obviously I wouldn't do it. I think that's how it is for most of us.

• This is commonly called "duckface"

and it started in the nearly 1940, with the "Pinup" girls.

Search "20 Classic Pin-Up Girls Before And After" on buzzfeed.com and see.

8 photos out of 20 show a duckface.

• LOL

• Alot of girls just think it makes them look good. That or they are going for a kissy face look and that's what they get so they just go with it.

• they are trying to hide their face by covering it with their lips? who knows?

• They want you to like it (;

What Guys Said 2

• Because some girls are stupid and in an attempt to make their lips look plump they make their face look like an asshole

• Your opinion is a widely shared one. It's called "the duckface".

link