INTERNET DATING

What are your thoughts on internet dating?

I met this wonderful guy on the internet and we are looking to meeting soon. I'm nervous!

WE get along great, we have so much in common, and we are looking for the similar things in a relationship and life. So, what happens when I met him face to face?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had some dates with girls I met over the internet -- none of them got serious, but I think the internet's a good way to meet people.

However, remember that chatting online is different from knowing someone in person: it's a good way to start a relationship, but if you've been chatting for a month (or whatever), it's not the same as knowing someone face-to-face for a month.

So be cautious and keep your guard up a bit, but go for it and have fun.

What Guys Said 1

• It's not safe. and many guys are using this for sex only. When you meet face to face. He may say i love you. And have sex with you in hotel or in his place or at your place. and after that left you buy making any point.

Some guys also upload fake photos, mentioned fake age and job. and some guys also takes girl to the bad work with blackmail. be aware of this girls.

What Girls Said 3

• I have gone out with a few guys from Internet dating. I have had some crazy stories.. One guy I really liked, talked for a month, met quite a few times, hooked up only to find out he is married. I was pissed. I was a Newby at the time and fell for the lies.. many red flags that I denied. So on that note, if something doesn't seem right... it probably isent. lead with your heart but take your brain with you lol..
    On a happier note, I have dated other guys that are great or nice. I have always started with coffee at a local place or drinks at a pub. I never have brought a guy home.. I don't like to let them know where I live, even after a few dates. There are a lot of freaks out there.. again watch for red flags.

• It's not internet dating if you meet up.

It's a long term relationship.

• Internet dating is REALLY risky. So be safe about it, either meet somewhere in major public or bring a trustwarthy friend along. And see how it goes if he turns out the way he seems online then perhaps you should give him a shot.