What gets you to respond to a guy with online dating, girls?

I could barely get any responses when I tried so I gave up.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if this was considered online dating or not. I met my first boyfriend off myspace. a good 3 years ago, I got a friend request from this guy on myspace. I accepted it, only because he was from the same area and we were almost the same age. than when we talked he said he used the search tool on MySpace to find people in the same area. it was weird to me at first but after we found out that we went to the same elementary school made things a lot more "smoother" lol. than I met him and I liked him.

so where you live and how interesting you are is a very important thing. if he wasn't to be like 10 minutes away from my house, I wouldn't have actually dated him lol.

• Yeah that counts kinda. I just have a feeling the girls in my area for online dating are lame. Or even my entire state. lol I can't wait to move out of WI after college.

• Thanks. Hopefully the distance won't last too long.

• thanks for giving me BA :D!

What Girls Said 4

• I don't online date. End of story. But I suppose for the people who do, they like to see nice pictures and a nice "about me" section, but don't make something up because you want to find a girl who genuinely shares the same interests as you.

• when he has a quality I'm looking for.

• I don't like online dating.

• honestly, it's not what message you write to me, but what you write on your profile. I only tried online dating ocne and there are some really flaky people on there. even the ones that seem nice where...strange.

• Hmm... I made a great profile. I even asked like 5 people for opinions. Guess maybe girls in my area just suck. Haha

What Guys Said 2

• Well I don't do online dating (buddies do), but I suppose it's a mix of your picture and your profile. If your picture is pretty standard and un-interesting (just you shooting a pic of yourself) then it's not going to be as good as one of you doing something, like if a friend takes a picture of you looking like you're doing something. It's more interesting to see something like that than just you at your webcam taking a picture.

Also, if in your profile if you say what you're looking for in a girl then it comes off as being picky and not a very chill person to be around. Instead, try talking about what you do and what you're doing with your time and leave your preferences completely open and not mentioned. Don't reveal too much about yourself for two reasons. One, it kind of comes off as that "looking for love" type of person which just seems to imply clinginess for some reason. And two, it takes some of the mystery away from what you're like and some of the conversations you could've had. They might not even have anything to talk about if you lay it all out on your profile, where as it could lead to a whole conversation if you talk.

These are just suggestions from me. With some time, you might be able to figure out stuff that works for you and do those things. If anything, maybe you can use online dating to get better and more comfortable talking to girls (whatever your issue might be), then transfer that to meeting people in person.

• If girls answered maybe. I doubt it would help. I talk to girls on GAG daily.

• Yeah I'm not like OMG WE'RE GONNA BE TOGETHER FOREVER AND EVER ha ha No getting hopes up or anything.

• Ok good

• i sure hate and despise the high-standards that women have, but in a way I don't blame them for it, it's like they have a 6th sense